8.7

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan:

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Nov 162006

Grand Caravan

I was in heavy, slow traffic and the car just stalled. The engine light went on. I was able to coast to the breakdown lane and re-start. I immediately exited the high way and continued home through the city. It stalled again at stop light, I made it home without another incident. I am investigating the cost of fixing this problem, but it appears there maybe no solution.

- , Foster, RI, USA

Sep 082006

Grand Caravan ES

This vehicle has been the most costly purchase I've ever made in terms of cost of ownership. The transmission has been rebuilt or replaced 4 times and I've had a plethora of other annoying problems. This latest issue comes at a time when I've resolved to get rid of the car and replace it with a Honda van. The gauling part is that I have to put one more dime into it before I can get rid of it !

- , Boulder, CO, USA

Jun 142006

Grand Caravan LX

Car usually runs well, but only occasionally stalls when at idle. when in that mode, it continues repeatedly. Many days with no stalling , then a chronic day again. I've replaced fuel filter and used good gas additives/injector cleaner etc, to no avail

- , State College, PA, USA