1998 Dodge Grand Caravan drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan:

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Dec 272008

Grand Caravan

While driving the rain I went through a midsize puddle due to storm drains being blocked I lost the ability to steer the battery light came on the car stopped and started to overheat. I was thankfully driving in a residential area at 25 mph with out alot of traffic and was able to pull over right away. Because of going through the puddle the drive belt came off. When the belt slipped off it bent the suspension and spring that hold the belt tight. The belt is fairly new and the car had recently been in for service and checked over. There was no reason for the belt to come off. Can I not drive my car in the rain? if I was driving on the highway at 50mph or the road conditions were snowy or icy I may not be here.

- St Charels, IL, USA