1. replace metal line assembly (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 152005

Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L V6

I met my wife at the kids doctor office, when we left, there was anti-freeze running from the

bottom of the van by the passenger front door. There was a small leak on the supply

line going to the rear heater core. I had the van towed home and the next day took the

line apart, which was a MAJOR pain (the engineer who designed that line should be tar and feathered). I found numerous bad rust spots on this peice and new it would need replaced. I called every junkyard and none had one (most said they just cut this peice when parting a van out). New cost from the dealer was over $120! My dad made me a new one which I put on the following year (I just bypassed the rear supply until I had the new one).

- , Lanse, PA, USA