2001 Dodge Grand Caravan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 012008

Grand Caravan

Seatbelts have come unlatched a number of times. I thought they just weren't snapped in good but now I find out there is a class action suit due to the defective seatbelts.

- Crawfordville, FL, USA

May 192004

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The release buckles on the 2nd and 3rd row seats of 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan are above the buckle and can unlatch the seat belt by occupants arms or objects in the seat in an accident. This is a dangerous situation and needs to be recalled on all models with these gen3 Chrysler belt buckles. The minivans usually carry children who are all at risk. The 2004 and 2005 models of the Dodge and Chrysler minivans now have the gen4 belt buckles with the recessed release buckles in the 2nd and 3rd row seats.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Apr 302003

Grand Caravan

The vehicles seat belts did not work and would unlatch at any time.

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Apr 302003

Grand Caravan

I have a Dodge Grand Caravan 2001. My model has the seatbelt style of gen 3 on all of my seats. We were unawareof the serious safety issues being raised about these particular seatbelts. We became aware from the news. For the past several months my 2 year old has been unbuckeling this very sensitive touch seat belt. Now I know why this is so sensitive. We also own a 1997 Dodge Dakota with the same seat belts. I feel with as many deaths related to this particular seatbelt DaimlerChrysler needs to provide a recall on all gen 3 seatbelts. I have 3 children under 6 and I want something done!!!

- Cumberland, MD, USA