2002 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Nov 152002

Grand Caravan

The problem I am having is that the gas mileage is way off. I am only 12 miles to a gallon and should get aleast 18. I have had in for repairs numerous times and on some occassions they will replace a sensor or a hose.within a couple of weeks it is back to the same old problem again. Sometimes they say they can find no problem. What do I do?

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Dec 152002

Grand Caravan

I have had numerouse problems with the veh since it was purchased new, May 2002. Veh has a rough idle while stopped in gear, dealer states they are waiting for a computer update. To date still have problem. Problem with starter, same grinds on first start in extreme cold weather. Dealer replaced 2 starters and flywheel. Problem with trans, hard bang felt when slowing up between 8-5 mph. Said problem is intermittant and dealer has not driven veh long enough to get condition. Dealer has replaced numerous parts of trans, problem still exist. Car has been in several times for power steering leak and vibration. Numerous parts replaced. I have contacted Chrysler and spoke with the district manager and advised him of all the complaints with veh and problems that still exist. I told him I did not want the veh. He advised me he would look into my file and call me back.its been two months and I have left him several messages and he still has not returned my calls. His name is victor rosario. Chrysler has left me no choice but to file the lemon law. As of today I am waiting for a hearing date too be set.

- Croton, NY, USA

Mar 092002

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Lodged a complaint with government immediately at -----original message----- from: Pedersen, claire on behalf of cnd evening news sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 4:10 pm to: Brzezinski, mika subject: Fw: Dodge problem -----original message----- from: [] sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 7:36 pm to: Cnd evening news subject: Dodge problem hello my name is christine williams, I am from brooklyn, New York. What you've have just reported, also happen to husband albert's vehicle. The only thing is that it is a 2002 Caravan. Right now brooklyn Dodge service center has our vehicle since Monday 15 2003. We've been having these problem since March 2002 two weeks after we bought the vehicle. We have tried everything to resolve this problem with daimler-Chrysler. We too are seeking the help from a lawyer this coming Monday. Please see that the right people get this information that the Grand Caravan has these problem and more too. I would like the number or website for the national highway traffic and safety please. I am christine williams 731 East 58th street brooklyn, New York 11234 718-763-6275

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 212003

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

My van was bought new and is just about 1 year old. I have been having many problems with this vehicle. The vehicle would go 30 mph by itself although I was pressing the brake. This even happened while I was driving on an icy road. The dealer said that this is normal. All the vehicle's locks would lock and unlock by themselves, sometimes locking my keys in it before I can get them out. Three months after the vehicle was purchased it was returned to the dealer because the heater and air did not work properly. A fire burned the driver's door, seat, floor rugs and window. The fireman said it was an electrical fire, which started in the driver's door by the wires. The fire happened on the weekend therefore the dealer is not aware of the fire yet. I plan to go to the dealer on Monday to see what can be done. The vehicle cannot be driven and the smell inside the vehicle is overwhelming. Everything on drivers side is burned. I will ask for a new replacement vehicle.

- Jordan, NY, USA

Jul 082002

Grand Caravan

First incident was the airbag light came on intermittently. The dealer repaired it last week. Today, the entire instrument panel functioned intermittently. Dealer was called and another repair date was set.

- Va Bch, VA, USA