4.9

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 012003

Grand Caravan

We've experienced problems with the middle row integrated child safety seats. Several times, the tensioner on the seat would not work, and I had to pop the end of the seat back cover off to access the mechanism to free what the belt was caught on. I didn't completely remove the cover so I could see exactly what was happening. Also, sometimes the buckle will not secure the belt plate. It will secure after several attempts, and we've recently noticed that it works better if we latch a particular side first, then the other side (5 point harness). I don't know if the mechanism sticks or if food or something got forced inside. These have both been recurring problems since we purchased the vehicle.

- North East, PA, USA