2003 Dodge Grand Caravan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 182015

Grand Caravan

I purchased my Dodge Grand Caravan sport 2003 brand new off the lot in Nov. 2002. I kept it in mint condition with all maintenance logs filled out. At the time of incident there were only 95,000 miles on the van. It had never been in a wreck before. On Jan 18 2015 while driving in the mountains I hit black ice and lost control of the vehicle. It flipped front to back, did a 180 mid air, landed on wheels then rolled at least once to the left, landing on the wheels again. The airbags never deployed. My passenger and I both had our seatbelts on however I still lifted up and hit my head on the roof and the windshield. We are still assessing our injuries. I am extremely concerned as to how I lifted out of my seat, basically the seatbelt did not tighten to me. Also why didn't the airbags deploy" has there been a recall concerning the airbags or seat belts or other that I was never informed of"

- Cortez, CO, USA

Nov 092013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Driver side seat belt tongue could not be inserted into latch. The latch could not be opened, no matter how manipulated. This is safety hazard as the driver cannot latch seat belt.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Jul 242007

Grand Caravan

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan with seat belts concerns ** the consumer stated that seat belts have a safety defect.

- White Plains, NY, USA

Oct 022004

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

While driving 15 mph, the vehicle was involved in a rear end collision. Upon, impact both passenger front and rear seat belts failed to restrain the passengers. This caused both passenger to sustained minor injuries. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

May 012003

Grand Caravan

Unsafe gen3 seat belts - request to demand that daimlerchryler recall all vehicle types that have the gen3 seat belts.

- Dumfries, VA, USA

Nov 162002

Grand Caravan

I would like to complain about the Dodge seat belts. With the studies done why Dodge hasn't changed all seat belts that aren't safe or achieved a high safety rating. I have ordered a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan and I am concerned about the seat belts in the back and middle seats. I would like for Dodge to as an option on new vehicles at the least be able to trade in the 3 seat belts for the 4 Grand Caravan front seat belts.

- Lolo, MT, USA