2. repair leak (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Grand Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 152015

Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L V6

fuel smell, bad o-ring on fuel pulse damper on fuel rail

Fuel leaks are extremely dangerous. If you are certain you know what you are doing and want to take the risk, here is a link to replacing the o-ring in the fuel pulse damper. After doing mine, it still leaked. This was most likely because the tabs weren't bent back to the correct position, keeping the o-ring from sealing correctly. I then took it to the dealer to have the fuel rail replaced professionally. I have a family, and a few hundred dollars was worth our safety.

- , Fargo, ND, USA

Oct 262013

Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L

The fuel smell was the beginning after I would fill the tank. Recently I noticed that I am able to add 19 gallons of gas. Previously the most I could add was 17 before the pump cut off. Also what I thought was water on the garage floor is actually gas. It seems to be getting worse and my brother noticed that it gushes when the key is turned to start by not cranked.

- , Sheveport, LA, USA