2. replaced compressor (1 reports)
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Sep 012009

Grand Caravan SXT 41000

Update: AC still making hissing, wheezing noises after replacing both the back unit and the compressor. The air isn't blowing right on the driver's side. I can feel the heat/air inside the dash, but it doesn't blow as hard on the driver's side as it does on the passenger side.

- , Kokomo, IN, USA

Jun 302009

Grand Caravan

I just would like to say that I have had more problems with this 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan than I have with any other vehicle I have owned. I also own a 1996 Toyota and I have had nothing go wrong with this vehicle. The Toyota is almost ten years older than the Dodge and the only thing that I have had to do to the Toyota was replace the muffler and oil changes. The Dodge has been in many times for various different problems and has cost a lot of money. It is amazing to me that a car that has over 150,000 miles on it can be a much better car than the Dodge that only has 45,000 miles on it. You can really tell the difference in the quality of the product. I guess this will be the last time we will purchase a Dodge product.

- , Shippenville, PA, USA

Jun 242009

Grand Caravan SXT 41000

A/C was hot/cold/hot/cold and making hissing noises. I took it to the dealership and they said it was the rear AC coil freezing up. They replaced the rear AC coil and according to the dealership " the compressor started "clanging & banging". They replaced the A/C compressor and this resolved the issue.

- , Kokomo, IN, USA

Jun 162008

Grand Caravan V6

Among other problems, the newest one is the noise the car makes when the AC is on. Now that it's summer and hot, we use it quite a bit. The car makes the wheezing/hissing sound from the engine. But it's not always there. Just on and off and not really noticeable unless you've driven the car before and know that it's not a normal sound.

- , Alameda, CA, USA