7.6

2. replace blower motor (1 reports)
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Sep 132012

Grand Caravan SXT 4.0L V6

The ac started going off and on. Sometimes completely stops until you restart the car, then same thing. Replaced the blower motor and resistor with no change. Then every time I got the oil changed there was a recall to work on. Started with the engine light staying on. Dealer got that fixed no problem. Then they do a recall on sliding door wiring problem. About a month later the wire in passenger door begins to get cut in two and the plastic chain links falling about. At that time it will not start. The starter keep cranking until it burnt up, so they put new starter on it.

Now the thing is going nuts. The headlight goes out, horn blows, doors lock and unlock, windshield wipers and washers go off for no reason, transmission will not shift. Just a lot of little things causing mega problems. Hate to be out at night and the headlight goes out or you have to pull over and shut it off for it not to start when you try start it back. This is our family car. We count on this van to get us home when we leave.

Really disappointed with this van. Very hard to recommend a Dodge to anyone.

- , Lafe, AR, USA

Nov 252014

Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L

I expected much better quality from a late model car. The abrupt failure ruined a Thanksgiving vacation from IL to GA.

- , Swansea, IL, USA

Apr 012012

Grand Caravan LS V6

Had to pay 522.45 $for a new module, which was on back order, because so many cars had the problem. First the cost is outrageous just to fix a blower fan, and the dealership didn't want to fix the problem right away, because of the cost. But it had to be fixed, need the air conditioning in florida.

- , Inverness, FL, USA

Oct 132010

Grand Caravan SE

This happens all the time they replaced the control module but it didn't fix anything but we knew it wouldn't. While it was in the shop my husband would go up there to get stuff out and it would work so we knew it wasn't the control module! I swear this is the worst vehicle I have ever had!

- , Ferguson, NC, USA

Jul 122010

Grand Caravan 4.0L

My airconditioning/heater fan will stop working. This has been going on for about a year. It is intermittent. Sometimes I won't notice any problems for months. Other times it happens every day although if I don't have the fan on higher setting it may stop and I won't notice it. It got really bad this summer and would stop working on the hottest days. Then I would have to stop and restart the vehicle, this would usually get the fan to restart at least for awhile. Sometimes I would have to restart the vehicle several times before the airconditioning fan would restart. I have sometimes noticed this problem in cooler weather when my windshield would fog up and I would turn on the defroster and nothing would happen.

I took it to the dealer and they said that the system recorded a problem, but I would have to bring it in when the problem was active for them to determine what was happening.

- , Jeffersonton, VA, USA