2008 Dodge Grand Caravan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 112016

Grand Caravan

Sliding door on the drivers side opens at random times. There are times when I am not even near the vehicle and will come out of a store and my sliding door is wide open, or I will be in the house and come out hours after locking the car and the door is wide open.

- Roslyn, PA, USA

Oct 042014

Grand Caravan

I own a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan in the past 5 or 6 monts I being experince problems whit the van. Without warning the vehicle shot off on me, is being happen more and more every day. Some day is only ones some others several times. I got a saferty recall in my vehicle I call the diller and they told me that the company (Chrysler) don't have the parts jet. In October 2014 the vehicle shot of on me, to avoid crasing into another vehicle I try to steere to the left, " a very difficult to do sense the vehicle has no brakes or anyting funtional" I end it crashing into the gard rail. I wasent injured tahks god my kid were not in the vehicle. I contact crhysler deveral times and was very difficult for them to follw up whit me. They send an engineer to see my vehicle whom sayd that it was nothin wrong whit the vihicle. I have to pay $500 dollar deductible and $1200 in car rental. In May 2015 I had another letter from the company saying that I have not fix the reecall problem and I have to call to make an appoinmetn for my vehickle to get teh reecall fix. I got the vehicle to get teh new parts the change te ignition and he fob key. It took a week for them to get te vehicle ready only for me to get it back to them because the vehicle is doing the same, they said the fob kye was not activated. I got the vehicle back and is keep shoting off on me wile I'm driving. The insurance company send me a letter saying taht they are talking to Chrysler to get the monye they pay to fix the damages, they told me not to get into any agreetmens whie my lowyer "if I have one" so who is responsible for all of this". how many people have to die before Chrysler do anything to fix the problem? why no lowyers wanted to taked my case" this is rediculos.

- Detroit , MI, USA

Jun 302014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. After numerous attempts, the vehicle was started and the dashboard became hot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system, air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 80,000.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Apr 172015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

While traveling on an interstate on 4/17/15, the left rear sliding door opened by itself. This occurred once on 4/15/15 for the first time while left unattended in a parking lot. It occurred twice on 4/16/15 while left unattended in a driveway. The incident on 4/17/15 was the first time the door opened by itself while the vehicle was in motion.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

May 012014

Grand Caravan

Passenger side rear sliding door locks and will not unlock with key fob or unlock button on both front doors. It also will not open with a pull on the inside door handle. You have to manually unlock it on that door before it will open. I think this would cause a issue if I ever need to get my kids out in a hurry! also this van has 30000 miles on it and it uses approximately 1-1/2 quart of oil every 1000 miles. Its not showing any sighs of leaking anywhere in the engine or under the van and not leaving any puddles anywhere. I asked the Dodge dealership and they said this was normal for a Dodge vehicle.... in my eyes that should not be using that much oil. I am using what is required 10W20 sae according to me owners manual. I have replaced the PCV valve and still continuing to loose oil.

- Holcomb, KS, USA

Aug 022013

Grand Caravan

The back passenger sliding door keeps opening and closing on it's own. The key fobs can be nowhere on our person and the door continually does this, even when locked. I have seen this complaint numerous times online. Something needs to be done. Our dog got into the van when the door was open and the door closed trapping her in there. Thank goodness my husband saw her and got her out before she died of heat exhaustion. If that had been a child, it could have had a very tragic ending. Please use whatever pull you have to make Dodge fix this problem before someone is hurt, maimed or killed!! thank you.

- Carthage, MO, USA

Mar 132013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The side sliding doors are not functioning properly. This is a safety issue and a recall is needed. The side sliding doors have reopen continuously on many occasions after we have closed & locked the doors. The doors have tried to close when we are getting in & out of the car & we have had to quickly open the door to make sure it did not close on us. The doors has failed to close completely they reopen on their own. I have observed this many times. This is a very dangerous situation & is not safe & can cause injury. Our vehicle can be easily stolen at anytime because the doors open randomly on their own. We have come out of the store, the mall, to find the doors open. My husband have been called out from work to lock his van door because the door reopened on its own. This problem is a nuisance.*** we have had this problem before & greenbrier Dodge said that it was the keys so they reprogrammed them. The problem has recurred & we have had our vehicle diagnosed again by greenbrier Dodge on 03-13-2013. They stated that the problem is the latch-sliding. We paid for the parts & labor out of pocket.. 03-20-2013, greenbrier Dodge replaced the latch. We realized after we left that the problem was not fixed. We returned to greenbrier Dodge & our service advisor observed the door opening & closing on its own. They checked the vehicle again. Our service advisor informed us that they don't know what the problem is. They will call Chrysler in the morning. 03-21-2013, received a phone call from our service advisor who told us they retook the door down & adjusted the latch. She wanted to keep the car in overnight to make sure that the door didn't open again. A recall needs to be done & Dodge customer assistance refused to assist with the repairs. We haven't had our van for 5 years yet & we purchased it new.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 122012

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the rear passenger sliding door had water seeping in. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 64,000.

- Swansea, MA, USA

Jan 262011

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

My 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan has had numerous issues with the rear passenger sliding door. The doors belt which houses and protects the wiring that controls the button & motor would become loose and cause the door to pop back open. Due to this issue constantly happening it caused the plastic casing which houses the recall pins and metal wire that open and closes the door to crack and expose the metal recall pin. Once the plastic covering was fully cracked which by the way happened at the dealership in front of a service manager. The door then became stuck open. We couldn't even close it manually. I had hoped this issue would had been in the original door recall since the wire strap had to be zippy tied down. And the same wiring harness that needed to be zippy tied down due to it becoming loose is the cause of the break, I am very very upset with this issue. Especially that door being the main door my young children 8,4, and 2 use for school. The door is to heavy for my children to open and close by themselves.. I have not once had a problem with my driver side rear passenger door. And what's even more upsetting is the small plastic piece that broke can't be replaced by it's self but as a whole door component. Why would you use plastic to house such important pieces when other manufactures use metal? if I had notice this was plastic I wouldn't had purchased this van. And went with the original van I looked at.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA