7.3

1. replace defective tire valves (2 reports)
  2. new valve stems (1 reports)
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 122013

Grand Caravan SX 3.2L

I received a good boy gift of 4 valve caps from Eastside dodge for getting my caravan serviced during the summer of 2012. When I had new tires put on in the spring of 2013 the caps had bonded with the valve stems and the tire shop had to destroy the stems to get them off. Chrysler has gone out of their way to deny responsibility for the damage they caused. Eventually they sent me a check for the TPMS units but withheld to cost of installing them. About $50.00. So far their free gift time and some money I intend to take them to small calms for for the $50 just because now I am angry. Their free gift has caused me a lot of frustration.

- , Strathmore, AB, canada

Apr 162011

Grand Caravan LX

low tire pressure light went on but when tried to check the pressure the valve cover broke off and the stem was exposed. Went to dealer to get fixed - for fricken 125.00 and they discovered that the brake pads had 5% wear left. What a lemon!

- , Mt. Horeb, WI, USA

Jan 142009

Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L V6

Had my low tire pressure light come on and so I went to check the tire pressure and couldn't remove the caps. Needed a pliers to removed them and when I did all the threads on all four valve stems were gone! Apparently the valve stem material and the adhesive used to lock the caps on caused a chemical reaction which if not caught when it was could have caused major issues. Dealership covered under warranty and then again a month or so later I got a letter talking about the recall for defective valve stems.

- , Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada