2010 Dodge Grand Caravan drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 232012

Grand Caravan

I bought my Grand Caravan brand new. It is a 2010, I bought in 2011. I have had multiple issues with it. Over the weekend, the traction control came on (perfectly dry roads), the car stalled, I lost power steering, and it wouldn't move until I stopped, put the car in park, and restarted it. This has happened four times now. I took it in for service this morning. I was told they would run diagnostics. If the diagnostics showed it to be a powertrain issue, it would be covered. If not, I would have to pay for diagnostics. After they ran diagnostics, they think it is the PCM. However, they won't fix it because they can't prove it is nothing else or duplicate the problem. They also still charged me for the diagnostics because they can't say for 100% it is the PCM. They told me I would have to continue to drive the car until it happened regularly and I would probably wreck the car in the process. I told them to expect a lawsuit if that happens.

- Columbia City, IN, USA

Sep 252012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The car shifts hard. When first started in the morning it ruins up high prm's before the car shifts. The car transmission sometimes fails to engage when I attempt to pass a car on the highway or when I just want to speed up. This can happen when I am going 30 mph or 60 mph. It happens at random times. Recently the electrical system has started acting up. Last week when I went into the grocery store the window went down by themselves while I was in the store.(it was raining out so I am sure the windows were up when I locked the doors to go inside) the driver's side door does not lock or unlock with the remote control. Also when I go to exit the car the lock is sticking and it is at times difficult to open the door. Today when my wife went out to the van the car had unlocked and the front lights were on. I re-locked the car and it unlocked itself again. I have had the car into the dealership where I purchased numerous times(5 or 6) to have the transmission looked at but they don't get an"error code" so they say there is nothing that can be done.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 242012

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that when driving at any speed, the vehicle would lose power sporadically. There were several warning lights illuminated after the vehicle failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the failure was the central computer. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who lodged a complaint for the contact. The failure and the current mileage was 44,000.

- Magnolia, DE, USA

Mar 152012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Shifter knob fell off while parking. There has been other issues. When I start the car if will turn off by it self. We bought the car June 2011 and 3 months later at 40K miles the rotors started going out. I've research these issues and they so sp common that it is extremely uncomfortable even owning it.

- Novato, CA, USA

May 302009

Grand Caravan

Cruise control active on our 2010 Grand Caravan. When going down long hill, transmission will down shift on own-3 gear levels-hard & RPM as observed on tac approached 5000. Had to disengage cruise. Dealer had no error code. Contacted Chrysler. This was a problem on 2009's. supposedly fixed for 2010. Chrysler is aware and working on fix. This occurred on two occasions at 3200 and 3740 miles. When taken to Dodge service dept., I was instructed to not use cruise on hills of this type in the future. Some answer.

- Hamilton Sq, NJ, USA

Mar 012010

Grand Caravan

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan shuts off when turned on and put into reverse or drive does not happen all the time also has done it while at low speed pulling into parking space.

- N Huntingdon, PA, USA