2010 Dodge Grand Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Apr 232016

Grand Caravan

While driving the vehicle just stalls out of no where and is very dangerous. Almost wrecked 3 times during the stall period because power steering and engine did not respond.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 072016

Grand Caravan

The switch was fixed and keys replaced but after that the car stalled three times(11/27/2015,1/6/16 and 1/7/16) and stopped completely and lost power and steering ability. The car started to slow down first and not being able to accelerate until everything was dead during which the electronic stability program indicator flashed.the road was dry (no snow or ice). The speed was 25-30 mph in two occasions and 40 mph last time.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Jan 292016

Grand Caravan

The vehicle stall while driving forward on the streets, in motion, it shuts off completely disabling power steering, brakes, etc.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Oct 052014

Grand Caravan

Gas cap often fails to close completely. Even after carefully closing it, you often find it opened by itself.

- Norcross, GA, USA

Jul 052014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I live in troy Michigan and on a trip to go pick up my teenage daughter driving.on M-59 my car started expelling coolant in the form.of steam from underneath the hood and inside the vehicle. I immediate stopped at the closest automotive store.less.than a mile from where it started the incident. It was discovered by the mechanic at bell tire that the steel intercooler lines that run to the interior heater had ruptured. I contacted Chrysler as steel tube should not fail unless some manufacture issue was overlooked. As a senior systems engineer mean time before failure on a component like this should have never happened at the low mileage on the vehicle. I followed up to find.out cost to repair and the sales rep also let me know that a second Grand Caravan 2008 model had just come.in with the same failure. This is absolutely Chrysler failure to engineer this correctly and I would.lile to see this resolved before greater damage is done.

- Troy, MI, USA

Dec 182013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Five separate times while driving this van the engine just shuts down and we coast to a stop. This has happened at various speeds, the last event occurred while driving on the expressway at an aprox. Speed of 55-60 mph. Speed of the van does not seem to matter as we have had this occur at speeds ranging from 15-60 mph. Weather also does not seem to matter as the events happened in winter and summer. We have reported this problem to the Dodge dealership. They kept our van for a week attempting to have the problem occur for them without success. We are fearful every time we drive this van because when the engine shuts off we lose power to the steering and brakes. This is dangerous! Chrysler does not seem to have a solution to this problem. Help!

- Rochester, NY, USA

May 182013

Grand Caravan

I was pulling into a parking spot at sam's club in woodbury, mn. As I was pulling in, my van rapidly accelerated and hit the car parked across from me head on. It felt as if I was riding a bumper car and I was whipped around a corner. My vehicle suffered damages at approximately $2600--so it wasn't just a simple bump. I am reasonably certain that this was not user error on my part. The brakes were repaired approximately 2 weeks before the accident.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Apr 022013

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while refueling, a passenger opened the rear driver's side door and it struck the contact's hand, causing him to release the fuel nozzle. The contact felt it was a most disastrous design flaw. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 64,000.

- Norman, OK, USA