2010 Dodge Grand Caravan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Apr 292014

Grand Caravan

My husband was driving our family home and some one lost control of their vehicle and our Caravan hit them head on. The whole front of van was affected and it was deemed a total loss. None of airbags deployed and the passenger rear bucket seat belt failed and my 5 year-old's carseat flew into the passenger seat and console. His neck and leg were injured and he was taken to local er by ambulance. I was the passenger and my neck has been severely injured. I feel if the airbags deployed my neck may not be as bad. I was horrified when I saw my sons carseat not in the seat. This van obviously has safety issues.

- Warsaw, IL, USA

Sep 242012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan with one passenger (driver) was hit by a driver running a red light at ~ 50mph. The collision occured at the front right (passenger) side of the Grand Caravan. The collision was severe and the van was totaled out as a result of this accident. Although the accident was a side impact none of the side airbags deployed, only the front air bags deployed. The driver of the van suffered head injuries due to contact with the side window of the van during the crash.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Mar 292013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

On 3/29/2013 my daughter and her fiance were using my van, fiance was the driver. He hit a 200+lb rock that was partially in the road. This sent him off the road where he hit a partially buried rock wall from the 1600's, this sent them airborne scraping some trees along the way. They landed about 20 feet away, nose down into another section of rock wall, also buried. This launched them further up the embankment causing it to be lodged on a stump. There was over 8,000 in damage, the front bumper was all messed up. The airbags did not deploy. Only one seatbelt locked causing injury to my daughter when her face slammed off of the top glove box, not once, but twice. I have serious concerns about the safety of the vehicle. I have small grandchildren that ride in my van on a regular basis. I have voiced my concerns to my insurance claim rep, the adjuster, the body shop, my dealership and Dodge itself. All I'm looking for is a straight answer on why this happened. If the airbags shouldn't have deployed because of the type of accident, ok, tell me why, but that seatbelt failure, that's a major deal. I cannot accept it's a fluke, or could be, or I don't know. This is my family. I love my van but with no one willing to help me get answers I just don't want it.

- Taunton, MA, USA

May 082012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Major front end crash air bag did deploy" $12,900 damage. My son was diving. On 2/6/2013 another front end crash $10,500 damage air bag did not deploy. I was diving, now I am concern. Sent a E-mail complaint to Dodge" very general response to my complaint, I could see their were not concerned. Is this a major problem for the Dodge Grand Caravan. I have no faith in this vehicle anymore. When I get the van back, I will trade-in for better safer van.

- Cumberland, RI, USA

Sep 102012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I was driving on the highway at 60 mph, hit a large (approx 6 feet X 4 feet X 4 feet) wooden shipping crate. The crate exploded, and a board became lodged in the tire well and engine compartment. I also lost power the vehicle - the wrecker driver advised that the board appeared to have disconnected the computer wires. The crate hit on the front driver fender. The airbags did not deploy. I would think hitting something the size of the front end of a car at 60 mph should set off the air bags.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jan 062012

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving 20 to 35 mph, the brakes failed without warning. As a result, the contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a truck head on. The front driver's air bag did not deploy. The contact suffered injuries to the neck and back during the crash. The manufacturer investigated the failure and concluded that the air bag did not deploy because the vehicle absorbed the impact of the crash. It was also determined that the air bag failure was not due to any known issues. The failure and the current mileages were 56,000. Updated 05/01/12 updated 06/14/2012

- Windham, ME, USA