2011 Dodge Grand Caravan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Sep 152016

Grand Caravan

Began with airbag light on panel coming on and random locking and unlocking of doors and dying while traveling at various speeds. All these happen wether the vehicle is in motion or not. Then it would only start using the remote starter and now it only starts when jumped by another running vehicle, even when the battery is fully charged(tested). It will simply crank and crank till battery is dead(about 10 minutes) unless it is connected to another running vehicle. It will start even if battery is close to dead then.

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

May 152015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled on several occasions. The contact received a recall letter for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Greenleaf, WI, USA

Apr 012014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

My van shut off in the middle of traffic on North roxboro road on the way to northern high school. I was protected until aaa came and towed my car to the dealer. I rented a car and I paid for the 1st week of the rental and the other week was cared for by the dealer. It is unknown what was wrong with the vehicle at this point in time. Once this happened, a few months later the car began to cut off at the gas station the day before my family was about to travel out of town. Once it cut off we had to drive another car that was not working well to our destination. Aaa jump started my van in order for me to get back to the dealership. The advised me that I needed a new battery, however the dealership I was told that if the battery was low and I received a jump start I should drive the car. I tried and turned around once again to the dealership. I waited 30 minutes before someone was able to push my van into the lot. My car was held most of the day and at the end of the day they told me I needed a battery. I called my husband to discuss the matter, he wanted to discuss the information with them and they were asking for a large amount of money to fix not only the battery, but the alternator as well. The alternator was not the problem I was told originally. I had only brought the car to their location. They wanted almost a $1000 to fix my van. I had aaa tow my van away, aaa brought me a new battery and they tested and found that the alternator was the main source of my problems. The last time my van shut off it had all of the lights on. The voltage light, the ABS brake lights, the oil lights, the air bag lights and the battery light. It has been in and out of commission. I had at least 3 incidences that involved my children and feel that our lives were at stake. I need to have a resolution in this matter without being required to buy a new plan. I feel cheated.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jan 022014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated while driving 35 mph, the vehicle drove over a sheet of ice causing the driver to loose control of the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the vehicle rolled onto the passenger side and continued sliding until it went into a ditch. None of the air bags deployed. A police report was filed. No injuries were reported. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 46,000.

- Malone, NY, USA

Jul 182013

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the driver lost consciousness due to a medical issue. The vehicle veered off the roadway and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy with the impact. The driver sustained bruises to the body from the seat belt webbing. The front seat passenger was killed on impact. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a collision center. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 19,000.

- Dunellen , NJ, USA

Jul 142013

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact was driving approximately 40 mph and crashed into a building. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained head and back injuries, and was transported to the hospital. The front passenger sustained whiplash injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic but was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The approximate failure and current mileage was 60,000.

- Chehalis, WA, USA

Jan 082013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

We have taken the vehicle multiple times, the airbag light randomly turns on, especially with temperature changes. The dealer says they have changed the connector and the device, it still randomly lights up the airbag symbol.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Nov 142011

Grand Caravan

My vehicle was traveling at approx 30 mph when another vehicle pulled out in front of my vehicle resulting in a side impact. Passenger side airbag deployed but nothing or no one was in the passenger seat.

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA