2.0

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Oct 212015

Grand Caravan

The vehicle of record has been spontaneously shutting off all day, it shut off 15 times in 1 parking lot, but the most dangerous aspect was when it shut off while I was doing the speed limit in a 50 and a 55 mph zone. It will generally shut off randomly, but primarily at stop signs or backing out of parking spaces, but there have been 3 instances where it shut off at 40 mph or higher in the last 8 hours, when these shut offs happen it takes 5-10 attempts to restart the car. When these instances happen the brakes and steering wheel lock up making it very difficult to stop and/or turn.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Apr 092015

Grand Caravan

I was driving approximately 30 mph and the vehicle just shut down, the powering steering went out and the engine stalled which we later found out was due to the faulty tipm. We had also been having a few issues with the fuel pump.....the fuel pump was not shutting off and all lead to problems with being able to start the vehicle sometimes it took several attempts to even get vehicle started.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jan 142015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Vehicle stalled 6 times while traveling on expressway 70-75 mph, lights going on and off...loss of power steering and brakes when stalled. Took vehicle to dealership who could not duplicate. They had been conferring with Dodge representative who after 1 week stated to give vehicle back to customer. After extensive research I feel it is a faulty tipm, however Dodge apparently does not think so. So I have a vehicle that can stall at any time...Dodge knows there is a problem and they just don't care. I will say the dealership was great, free loaner car, no charge for diagnostic and they genuinely felt bad to hand the car back over...I did not buy my vehicle from this dealership, however they treated me as if I was a customer of theirs.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Jul 112013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

When trying to stop or slow down, steering wheel vibrates so much it feels like I won't be able to hold onto it. My son replaced the rotor and pads on front brakes as they seemed worn. Then in April 2014 we took the car back to the dealer because brakes were grinding. They replaced rotor and pads and things seemed ok until may, when brakes started squealing and steering wheel vibrating again while braking.. took car back to dealer on May 21, and asked them to check brakes, rotate tires, and change oil. They said brakes were in the "green". still having vibration of steering wheel while braking, so I asked to bring it in for another check, and now they say the new rotors, (about 2 months old) show signs of significant wear. They asked me if I drove with both feet, and I do not. They verified my complaint of vibration in the steering wheel, and asked me to bring the car back in on this coming Friday. The brakes should not be wearing out this quickly...

- Cincinnati, OH, USA