2013 Dodge Grand Caravan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Sep 022013

Grand Caravan

When opening the driver's side rear sliding door (either with the car key or by pulling on the door handle), after the door reaches its fully open position, it sometimes immediately begins to close again. Pressing the door opening switch on the B pillar does not stop the door from closing. Only an adult's force against the door stops it from fully closing. This creates an extreme risk of injury to children who are most likely to be using the rear seats.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jun 112014

Grand Caravan

Recall #P25 was issued 06/011/2014, over 14 months later nothing has been done & I see no progress towards being done. Can anyone get Chrysler to make & ship parts required to guarantee that there will be no fire in drivers door? I have contacted Chrysler & my dealer numerus times and all I get is "wait".

- Lafayette, IN, USA

May 302015

Grand Caravan

Hit a deer right before Colorado border in Nebraska.

- Holyoke, CO, USA

Nov 272013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I was at a stop sign on the corner of ferry and eighth in niles, mi getting ready to turn northbound; a truck was going southbound and it was blizzard and icy conditions out, he was going to fast and when I turned right, he hit me on the drivers side spun my vehicle around twice and ended up hitting both sides of the vehicle in the front of the van taking the whole front end off. Neither air bags went off and my granddaughter was also in the front passenger seat. He was going fast enough that I ended up northbound kitty corner across the road and he ended up in a telephone pole. Both of his airbags went off in his truck upon impact. The bumper, headlights, frame was bent, the hood, the whole front end was smashed, (over $8000 of damage), but no airbags. I could feel the impact from the crash and ended up having to have physical therapy and my granddaughter had to go to the er.. both vehicles had to be towed. I had the van fixed at a licensed shop, when I called and asked Dodge why neither airbag deployed, because they stated that their are sensors that go off on impact and my bumper had to be replaced, they stated, no reply, because I had not had it done at a Dodge dealership. I am still having therapy for hip and back from impact and settled with insurance. I'm just wondering why the airbags did not go off on impact, other vehicle was going faster than what he should have for conditions and more than 25.

- Niles, MI, USA

Jan 102014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The drivers seat belt does not retract and hangs limp today. The problem happend a couple times, but seatbelt retracted and then I notified dealer in late December after another occurrance in which thay determined the seatbelt was defective.by not retracting and they ordered a replacement seat belt. The seat belt is in and it is just a matter of getting to service, but in the meantime, I experienced a rear collision when parked with defective seat belt on and wish I had a non-defective seat belt on. I will ask for the seat belt part back if you would like to examine it. I need a bumper too but they can keep that!

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Aug 112013

Grand Caravan

The contact rented a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while the passenger was leaning into the rear passenger's side of the vehicle the sliding door erroneously closed and struck her in the head and knocked her to the ground. The passenger sustained a closed head injury, which required medical care, including a cat scan. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000. Updated 09/18/13 the dealer was unable to replicate the problem.

- Longmont, CO, USA