4.4

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Oct 122016

Grand Caravan

Front brakes are wearing out unusually fast, (not lasting a year), electrical outlets stopped working briefly, driver's side electric window does not work consistently

- Downey, CA, USA

Jul 062016

Grand Caravan

I had my brakes changed in January with 49,000 miles and by June I had to take my van back in and pads were completely gone. So in 10,000 miles I went through brake pads that should of lasted 50,000+ miles. I had all rotors and front pads changed since the back were still good from January and its been 2 weeks now and my brakes are squealing almost constantly when I am braking...not grinding yet but I am sure thats coming soon!

- Lago Vista, TX, USA

Jun 232016

Grand Caravan

Left year brake caliper seized, causing the wheel to overheat. Occurred at 34,000 miles. Repair costs were $600. Within two weeks it happened again, same wheel. Normal driving conditions.

- Hortonville, WI, USA

Feb 262016

Grand Caravan

There is not enough room, top to bottom, to safely accept a men's us size 11.5 shoe. With my heel planted on the floor, I am unable to freely pivot my foot from the the gas pedal to the brake and back again. The top of my shoe gets firmly stuck trying to move between the two pedals. If not completely stuck, my foot motion is impeded and slowed down in many other ways. Only, with a lot of thought and adjustment of my foot and heel position am I able to operate the brake and accelerator at all. This low foot clearance significantly lowers my response time when I need to hit the brake in an emergency. It requires a lot of extra thought under normal driving conditions as well, taking attention away from the road. This has never been an issue (or even a thought) in many years of driving several other makes and models of vehicles. I own a 1999 Grand Caravan that has plenty of foot room in it. Nobody should have to think about how they need to specially positron their foot to operate the brake or accelerator. For safe driving, reaction time is everything. Dodge has designed this vehicle with cramped foot-room that can drastically reduce the time it takes to activate the brake and could cause an accident that a freely available brake pedal may have avoided. I had the identical problems testing a newer Dodge charger and a Chrysler town and country. I am making the assumption that this cramped and unsafe design is a standard that covers many Chrysler makes and models. This issue affects all driving conditions especially starting and stopping the vehicle. See 5 pictures with a size 11.5 shoe shown. Pics 1-3 show the brake position and how the vehicle does not allow me to pivot back any farther from to brake. The gas position shows a natural pivot position when going from the gas to the brake. The foot is stuck there. This is very dangerous.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Sep 212015

Grand Caravan

The Dodge Grand Caravan is made with brakes that are too small for a large vehicle. This causes the brakes to wear out more quickly than they would wear out if the van was equipped with proper size brakes for its weight. The Dodge mini van uses brakes that cars 1/2 the weight of the van use. I believe this is done intentionally by the manufacturer so the brakes wear out quickly and need replacement more often than they should be replaced if the vehicle was equipped properly.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Aug 152014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle vibrated and the brakes seized. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, where it was diagnosed that the rotors were deteriorating and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 9,000. The VIN was not available.

- New Castle, PA, USA

May 012014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. While driving at approximately 50 mph, the brake pedal was applied and the vehicle shook violently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,372.

- Cairnbrook, PA, USA

May 272013

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

When I bought my vehicle it was okay then when I started driving it more and more I decided that I wanted to stop I felt like it was going to accelerate and stop on its own and it fell as if it was driving by itself I took it back to the dealership and they said there's no problem with it that's the way the vehicle was manufactured but it felt as if it was changing gears on its own and it is a minivan with no stick so I was figuring that there is something really wrong with it after readingthe reviews I come to the configuration that I am not the only one dealing with the same problem I've had the vehicle now for over a year and feel the same issue and the vehicle I started to make weird noises underneath the hood and I'm not sure what it is it is still covered under manufacturer warranty but I'm not too sure for how much longer or if I could even pick up the cost if it was to break down I am terribly disappointed in my purchase and will not buya Dodge again totally disappointed.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA