2013 Dodge Grand Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Mar 042014

Grand Caravan

I have been trying to get the recall fixed for my car for 2 years now and tobin Dodge will not fix it!

- Henderson, NV, USA

Sep 122015

Grand Caravan

At just over 36000 my engine light came on, I was told that the car needed to have cylinder heads and another engine part replaced. When I went to pick the van up the check engine light was on- I was told the PCM (power control module) was bad. After approx. 10000 more miles, while driving on a local road, all of my lights appeared on my dash board- the vehicle went into some mode and I couldn't drive over 25 mph. I stopped at a local auto parts store and was told that my battery now had a bad cell, the alternator was bad- I took it to the dealership and I was again told the PCM was bad. Why is the PCM failing" an alternator and battery being bad at going at 46000 miles, just over 2 years old. I see many of the Chrysler products had recalled alternators- what about this PCM? why is continuing to fail"

- Honesdale, PW, USA

Jul 052015

Grand Caravan

Loud clicking noise coming from the dashboard area behind the steering wheel. Sounds has gotten worse or more within the last week. The clicking noise comes on when I lock the vehicle with key remote and without the key in the ignition. Clean the battery post and had the battery check, both are good. I like my van but this clicking noise is annoying and I'm hoping the dealer ship figures out why the clicking noise is coming from.

- Churchrock, NM, USA

Sep 122014

Grand Caravan

I have been on a waiting list since first notified of this recall. The switch had been disconnected when I first took it to the dealership but I have yet to have the repair completed.

- Athens, GA, USA

Jun 112014

Grand Caravan

Recall #P25 was issued 06/011/2014, over 14 months later nothing has been done & I see no progress towards being done. Can anyone get Chrysler to make & ship parts required to guarantee that there will be no fire in drivers door? I have contacted Chrysler & my dealer numerus times and all I get is "wait".

- Lafayette, IN, USA

May 182015

Grand Caravan

Bought car 2013 may, took back twice to dealer due to van stuttering, car staying on same speed, ( I'm not pressing the pedal) car turning off when I use automatic starter and place the key in the ignition. Dealer found nothing wrong with it and told me it must have been a fluke. A while later we move to California took car for tire rotation explain to dealer radio was shutting off and popping noise coming from it hot to touch, again till dealer about the gear sticking when I'm driving in the van running hard do you have found nothing. Took another two times to the dealer after words with the same issues till finally dealer phone number for uconnect helpline they requested dealer to keep the car for the 4th time of the month of may this year provide a rental car. They continues to be in the dealership now for 2 weeks. They finally found the problem with the radio(2 years it took. Radio over heating) and replacing it and continue trying to figure out what is wrong with the gears, why van run. Van has another frint wheel problem too. My issue has been sent out to the resolution center for Chrysler Dodge. My case manager advised me to trade in my van. I thought that was an acceptable resolution for me. The van continues to be at dealer they are trying to fix it they don't know what's wrong with it.Y the van is unsafe to drive it stays on the same speed no matter what you do after a long drive you push the accelerator you let go of the accelerator and it stays on 55 or hight speed no matter what. Been complaining about this issue for 2 years. Resolution found a manager stated to me that the van is under warranty and they will try to continue to fix it. I stated to known that the vans and lemon and unsafe to drive it they do not see it that way

- Yucca Valley, CA, USA

May 142015

Grand Caravan

Was driving down busy city expressway frontage road at approx 40 mph. Accelerated and passed the slower-moving vehicle ahead of me....upon clearing the vehicle I was passing, released my foot from accelerator, but vehicle failed to return to prior pass speed and instead continued to accelerate faster. Attempted to brake....pumped the brake hard when that didn't work but no luck. Held the brake pedal in to the floor as far as it would go to counter the engine audibly reving to gain more speed (hoping to slow the accelerate process as much as possible and maybe hold it at its current rate despite the engine still trying to go faster). I rode out the uncontrolled acceleration issue until coming to a long turn lane where I veered off to get away from other cars. Wth a busy intersection approaching quickly ahead of me and the braking not resolving the issue, I threw the vehicle into park and after a brief time it finally slowed to a stop. This is the only thing that worked...I even checked to see if gas pedal was physically stuck somehow on the floor mat (it was not), and lifted up from underneath it with my foot to verify this, during this attempt to regain speed control..I believe it was this in addition to putting vehicle in "park" that actually stopped the engine acceleration/rev so the vehicle could physically stop... II is valid to note that I previously took this vehicle into the dealership (around 36000 miles) for evaluation with prior concerns over the engine/transmission not seeming to function right/smoothly....the dealership reported that "they could find nothing wrong with it." & it was returned to me with no adjustment/repair. This vehicle has several of theory same complaints on the web (acceleration stick/engine/transmission) over a span of several year models & nothing is being done about it or even acknowledging it...huge safety issues here.

- Moline, IL, USA