2014 Dodge Grand Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 292016

Grand Caravan

I was driving at night and all of a sudden the car died while in motion; the engine stop working, the lights went very dim and it was difficult to drive it at that moment, I almost got hit from the car behind me and I was close to hit the car in front of me. I didn't get any warning lights for the engine or the battery. I tried to turn it on again and it cranked but didn't start. A little latter I tried again and the car started. While driving back home I notice that the lights were dim, but I didn't get any warning lights from the engine or the battery again. I also noticed that the stereo reset all the stations and the clock. It was very dangerous. I am very upset because that's the car my kids ride everyday.

- Evanston, IL, USA

Jan 252016

Grand Caravan

Mil light came on. Had oil changed & checked. Mil did not turn off. TPMS light came on. Checked tires. TPMS light did not turn off. ESC light came on. Vehicle got stuck in park several times. Got vehicle out of park and drove home. Vehicle was parked for a few days. Tried to start. Dead battery. Charged battery and started vehicle. Vehicle would not turn off even with ignition key removed. Vehicle overheated to max temperature on gauge, began to steam and spilled a lot of coolant. Very afraid vehicle would catch fire. Called aaa and tow truck driver located and removed fuse to shut down running vehicle. Had vehicle towed to Chrysler Dodge dealership. After a week still have not heard from dealership service department or Chrysler. The vehicle being stuck with the engine running even with ignition key removed and subsequent rapid overheating and loss of coolant presented an extremely dangerous situation with the strong potential for a vehicle fire. The TPMS light malfunction leaves the driver unable to determine if there really is an underinflated tire and/or tires. The ESC light malfunction leaves the driver unable to use this function for improved the vehicle's traction in vatious situations.

- Blaine, WA, USA

Jun 192015

Grand Caravan

During traffic at roughly 10pm, the charge indicator light came on. Our vehicle all of a sudden started losing power on the freeway. By the time we got to the next exit, we were losing power with steering, causing us to crash into a fire hydrant. We were able to guide it into a parking spot before losing the rest of the electrical capabilities (windows, lights, etc.). my family was stuck in that desolate are with no way to charge our phone and two sleeping young children. After getting it towed, the vehicle ended up in the shop for a little under 3 weeks for repair to the collision that had occurred. The electrical checked good. The next day, the charging indicator light again went on after being on the road for roughly 18 miles. Thank goodness this time it all happened in the day and we were stuck in a better area. After checking good again at the collision center, the vehicle was transferred to the Dodge dealer for further diagnosis. This is when they finally pinpointed it was an alternator issue. Thankfully the vehicle is still under warranty.

- Lemoore, CA, USA

Feb 212015

Grand Caravan

Cpsc: I1520423A. 2014 Grand Caravan. Consumer stated the van was a hazard to drive in the icy and snow covered road. The consumer stated the stability and traction control worked together in a manner, that left him stranded on the road.

- Lake View, NY, USA

Jan 082015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I was driving down a freeway bridge changing lanes with little traffic to inside walled lane around a slight turn, when the van felt like it lost traction in the front right ;and slightly sped up.I drove along the edge of the wall, safely trying to reduce speed and pull off the freeway. Luckily I managed to only glance and scrape the wall caused mild body damage ;deep scraps and dents.when I pulled off the freeway, I had a trashed front right tire, half a rim and extensive steering component damage.I think it is possible the tire was low, with no indication of it, but what scared me was the acceleration increase of up to 10+ mph.the road there just in that area was dark and I thought I might have had run over something that caused rt front wheel to lose ground contact, ;I.e a truck retread or a rolled up carpet, but the police found nothing in the roadway, the temp was in the high 30's, no ice......water and I had $6500 in damage.I have basic steel rims, plastic caps.

- Cudahy, WI, USA