7.6

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

May 012014

Grand Caravan

While slowing down to enter a parking lot, the car engine stopped. The power steering went as did the brakes. I put it into neutral and started the car. Since then it has randomly stopped at low speed dozens of times, slowing for a red light or entering a park lot. The car has been to the shop 6 times. 3 different electronic modules have been replaced. It still stalls out.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Apr 162014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I bought a Dodge Grand Caravan 2014 in January 2014 new with 7 miles on it. In April 2014, at the top of a hill, my brakes went out, it had approximately 100 miles on it. My brake failure light went on and my brakes did not work. They took the van in and found a part defect caused it - the brake diaphragm was defective. If we had been going any faster we could have been killed.

- Derby, ME, USA

Aug 112014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I was driving down the road and without warning, multiple warning lights appeared on the dash/warning alarms sounded. I immediately lost brakes and power steering. The vehicle did nothing when pushing on gas or brake. I was able to pull off the road and slow the vehicle to a stop. I turned it off and then was unable to start the van. It would not turn over, not even to roll up the windows. The van sat approximately 45 minutes while waiting for a tow. After that time, I was able to restart the van. The malfunction indicator light remained on after starting the van. I was able to safely drive the vehicle 5 miles to the closest dealership without the problem happening again.

- Huber Heights, OH, USA

Jun 162014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

We were driving 55mph on route 100 in Maryland when the driver's knee bumped the key and the ignition moved into the off position. The engine turned off. The car lost power steering and brakes. We tried to restart the car while it was still in motion but it did not restore the power brakes or power steering. We pulled over and put it in park and turned off the ignition. We restarted the vehicle successfully. We then reproduced the event by bumping the driver's knee into the key again while parked, with the same results. This was a rental van from enterprise rental car in columbia, md.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Mar 292014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated while driving approximately 5 mph when the brakes were applied the entire instrument panel illuminated continuously. The contact also stated that when the vehicle was in park it would not shift into drive. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, however, the contact could not recall what the repair was. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer for a clucking noise on the front driver side. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 639.

- Rochester , NY, USA