2014 Dodge Grand Caravan wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 142015

Grand Caravan

Called a tow truck after a blown tire. Was towed to the nearest shop where they attempted to repair the tire. They inspected all four of my tires and I was advised I had dry rot in them and they expected I would be replacing them all within a year. Only had the vehicle for one year and was only at 6000 miles. Since then I've taken it to 2 other tire specialists and all told me my vehicle is a hazard to drive, and it should be parked until fixed. Spoke with the Dodge dealership, customer service, and yokohama tires rep, all said its cosmetic and I shouldn't worry about it. I refuse to put my family in jeopardy because they don't want to fix their mistakes.

- Ely, MN, USA

Jan 082015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I was driving down a freeway bridge changing lanes with little traffic to inside walled lane around a slight turn, when the van felt like it lost traction in the front right ;and slightly sped up.I drove along the edge of the wall, safely trying to reduce speed and pull off the freeway. Luckily I managed to only glance and scrape the wall caused mild body damage ;deep scraps and dents.when I pulled off the freeway, I had a trashed front right tire, half a rim and extensive steering component damage.I think it is possible the tire was low, with no indication of it, but what scared me was the acceleration increase of up to 10+ mph.the road there just in that area was dark and I thought I might have had run over something that caused rt front wheel to lose ground contact, ;I.e a truck retread or a rolled up carpet, but the police found nothing in the roadway, the temp was in the high 30's, no ice......water and I had $6500 in damage.I have basic steel rims, plastic caps.

- Cudahy, WI, USA

Nov 262014

Grand Caravan

I was sold this car without a spare tire or jack, and was not informed at the time of sale that these are not included. There was only an air pump. I had a flat tire and was stranded while pregnant. This is completely unsafe.

- Lusby, MD, USA