2015 Dodge Grand Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 162015

Grand Caravan

Back left wheel smelled very hot when I got out of the van.went to touch very hot to touch took to local mechanic, after calling dealer ship said out of warranty.back left calipers were bad had to replace both rear calipers, rotors and brake shoes.I believe anything to do with brakes are a hazard the wheel got hot from calipers not working properly could have caused a blowout and brake system not a mechanic but the mechanic I took it to was disgusted that the calipers had gone bad expecially at that mileage. He suggested I called my dealership back and tell them want happened which I did.the owner said cant help when I take to an outside mechanic.I believe this is a safety hazard I also checked other online complaint seems to have been a problem with Dodge van for last 3-4 years.

- Elyria, OH, USA