8.7

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Nov 162016

Grand Caravan

Purchased this brand new several months ago. Drove 8,000 miles to and from work. Twice within the past week the van has completely just turned off on the highway. I have no idea why. I was just driving down the highway and the van just turned off. It's as if someone were to grab the keys and turn it off. I put it in neutral and restarted and kept driving. Fortunately, I was quick enough and my children and I were safe.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Jul 302016

Grand Caravan

When the outside temperature is 85-90 degrees, our van has a computer glitch. It has occurred both when first starting the engine or going down the road. It has happened several times beginning July 2016. The wipers come on and cannot be turned off. There are no gages on the dash and the display reads "no bus." The turn signals and brake lights do not work. There is no radio, A/C or heater, and some of the windows won't work. We are not able to tell how fast we are going with no gages. This problem did happen one time as we were going 75 mph down the interstate. It was truly an unsafe situation with no turn signals and brake lights and no way to know our actual speed. This lasted for about 40 miles until the outside temperature dropped. We have had the vehicle to the dealer 6 times for a total of over 40 days in the last three months. They were able to duplicate the error one time for about 20 seconds but the problem resolved before the tech could get the scanner hooked up. The tipm and another module have been replaced but the problem continues to occur. Chrysler customer care has closed our claim, saying that because they cannot duplicate the problem now that the weather is cooler, they cannot do any more. Our concern is that the problem will arise again when the weather warms up next summer.

- Elm Creek, NE, USA

Sep 122016

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the key would not turn over to start the vehicle. In addition, the instrument cluster shorted out and all the gauges and warning indicators randomly flickered. Lastly, the vehicle randomly stalled several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transaxle oil pump needed to be replaced and that they would further diagnose the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The VIN and failure mileage were not available.

- Staten Islan, NY, USA

Apr 222016

Grand Caravan

"takata recall the tipm in my brand new Dodge grand carvan gave out and caused a fire in my starter which caused smoke to come out of cars engine. Bought car on 4/20 on 4/22 with 71 miles on it while turning a corner the tipm gave out causing the starter to keep turning over and made a horrible screeching noise then we turned car off and car started to shake and shimmy when we tried to turn car back on it was dead nothing would turn over. Had to have car towed to dealership where they tried to charge me for towing.

- Springfield, PA, USA