7.2

2. new front rotors & brake pads (3 reports)
  3. (1 reports)
2010 Dodge Journey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

May 072015

Journey SE 4 cyl

Bought this 2010 Journey in 2013 from a dealer with 22k Miles. Now has 49K miles and the brakes are squeaking. Dealer claimed to have changed out the brakes. Now just 27K miles later brakes are squeaking like crazy

- , Warren, MI, USA

Jan 122015

Journey V6

I purchased this car in the summer of 2013 used. It had 12K miles on it which was not bad for a used 2010 car. However, the brakes went from fine to terrible in a matter of a month. I am taking it in today to be looked at but when I took it to the dealership just two weeks ago for the oil change and inspection they never even mentioned my brakes going bad.

Overall, I have been satisfied with my vehicle but now I am reading about how the brakes are a problem with the make and model. I am frustrated because it was never brought to my attention and now I am going to be forking out a lot of money to get this fixed. I feel that this is unjust and that Dodge should have to replace these since technically it is a manufacturing issue.

- , Beaverton, OR, USA

Aug 162012

Journey RT

After taking it to the dealer I purchased it( Bayview in Sarnia) from 3 times within the year and paying 60-70 dollars for brake inspections I took it to a private mechanic who called McGregor's , who gave me a rental and fixed them without cost to me or any complaints.

- , Wyoming, Ontario, canada

Apr 022011

Journey V6

From the moment ive bought my dodge journey i had problems with the brake,i have to get them replaced every 2 mouths sometimes even less. I bought the car to get fixed at pepboys numorous of times

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

Jan 052012

Journey SRT V6

I bought this car in may of 2011. didn't know about the brake issues. WELL I NOW NOW, 2 OF TO ROTORS ARE DAMAGED (JUST FOUND OUT TODAY). HAVE APPOINTMENT AT DEALERSHIP FOR MONDAY MORNING.

WHY HASN'T SOMETHING BEEN DONE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM ???????????

- , Grosse Ile, MI, USA

Oct 172011

Journey SXT V6

As of October, the brakes have FINALLY reached their end -- they are now grinding while driving without putting pressure on the brakes. The front end shakes slightly when attempting to stop and the back brakes sound so bad it sounds like fingers down a chalkboard.

My girlfriend and daughter use this vehicle everyday, I am now in fear for their lives and they are no longer using the car. I took the vehicle to a mechanic and he determined the caliper is not working it is sticking or freezing which is causing all the wear and tear on the brakes.

I ONCE AGAIN, called Thomas Dodge in Highland, Indiana and took it in, not offered a rental car and after one day I was informed rust build up behind the pad which was causing the pad to drag on the rotor...REALLY? I am not stupid...my caliper is SHOT and the braking system on this vehicle is SHOT. Again, telling me I just need new pads and rotors...NO WAY. Now due to all of this grinding and trouble with my brakes, the brake dust has stained my rims and will never come off, so now I need new back rims too.

I am VERY UPSET with Dodge/Chrysler and to the point I am willing to give the car back and mess up my credit, just to not have to deal with this mess. I am going to take the car to another dealership tomorrow with a friend of mine who is a mechanic, I will be taking it to Dodge Center Garage in Cedar Lake, Indiana...I will report what happened tomorrow...wish me luck.

- , Griffith, IN, USA

Mar 102011

Journey SXT V6

WHEN BRAKES WERE APPLIED COULD FEEL THE GRINDING & VIBRATION OF METAL ON METAL IN BRAKE PEDAL. BOTH FRONT ROTORS REPLACED (AGAIN) ALONG WITH NEW FRONT BRAKE PADS. OLD SET OF ROTORS (500 MILES OLD) WERE WARPED.

- , Dumont, NJ, USA

Feb 222010

Journey RT 2.5L V6

I bought my car last year in the month of october,and now im having a problem with the breaks...its only 3500 miles,

- , North York, Ontario, Canada