CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 6 of 17)

Jul 222015

Journey

Unable to start car. No power whatsoever, however lights flashed. Could not lock car. Car parked in a friends driveway. Thought it could be the ignition switch. Have invoice from jim browne Jeep & Dodge, tampa, fl replacing the ignition switch (unable to scan).

- Thonotosassa, FL, USA

Sep 042015

Journey

Tipm was diagnosed as the problem at dealership. Car would not start intermittently. Recall notice informs a bad tipm could cause many safety problems. The vehicle is unsafe to drive. It has been at the dealership over a month. We used the vehicle for every day transportation family of 6. ultimately I had to buy another car for transportation. No loaner from dealership. I lost use of the vehicle no end in sight. They tell me every day they are waiting on the part.

- Bainbridge Island, WA, USA

Jul 012015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced the failure.

- Oshkosh, WI, USA

Oct 062015

Journey 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. After a while, it re-started. The failure recurred and the vehicle would not restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 92,830. The VIN was unavailable. The consumer was informed the parts were not available. Updated 11/17/15 updated 12/03/15

- Aitkin, MN, USA

Oct 192012

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the driver side window did not function, the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power, the key fob would not open the door, the vehicle would not start, the door opened on the passenger side, and the horn independently functioned on its own. In addition, all the warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was approximately 100,000.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Nov 052013

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that it took approximately thirty minutes to start the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Jefferson, OH, USA

Apr 102015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled on numerous occasions. The vehicle was able to restart. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags and electrical system). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Greenup, KY, USA

Oct 102015

Journey

When using high beams/bright lights, all gauges, indicater lights and back lights on the control panel go crazy. Back lights fade in and out. All indicater lights blink on and off. All gauges (gas, RPM, speedometer, temperature) go all the way up and down several times. This has happened twice; once unexpectedly while driving, then again while sitting in my driveway while I "tested" and showed my husband what happened.

- Temperance, MI, USA

May 162015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Nov 152013

Journey

The car lights do not work turned on manually or automatic. When it first started it was very intermittent, currently it's almost daily. I have had it to 2 different dealerships (before and after warranty). Both times I have been told they cannot find anything wrong and I need to bring it in when it happens. My response "you are not open when it happens, it's dark". I have also had it to my mechanic multiple times and got bless his sole he found the problem this past weekend. I did not have it fixed he said it will probably be somewhere need $1200. He also told me that this is a major defect and should be fixed via a recall. I did look that up and there are multiple complaints but no recall. My son currently drives the car and is away at college which poses all sorts of issues. We have a short term solution we figured out that if you unplug the battery and plug it back in the lights reset, not very convenient. My mechanic also suggested rewiring the high beams to the regular lights but then you wouldn't have high beams.

- Nutley, NJ, USA

Feb 102015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at 2 mph and making a turn, the vehicle stalled without warning. After waiting a few moments the vehicle restarted and resumed normally. The VIN was included in the NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage and VIN were unavailable.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Sep 262015

Journey

The electrical system shuts down while driving the vehicle. This has happened a number of times where I am driving and everything just shuts off. This could cause a serious car accident. Speed, how long the vehicle has been running does not make a difference. The car has been in motion on the free way, doing the speed limit, during rush hour traffic, no traffic. Also has shut off waiting to enter traffic shortly after leaving a parking lot. As of yet there has not been an accident, I just try and make sure I am in the lane closest to a shoulder expecting this to happen again. This has happened on a number of occasions since I have owned the car (since 12/2015).

- Zimmerman, MN, USA

Sep 252015

Journey

While driving, A/C stopped working, windows would not work, radio and clock would not work.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Sep 152015

Journey

Car horn beeps while sitting turned off no one in car daytime or nighttime. Also beeps without warning while being driven. Sometimes single beep, sometimes several beeps and sometimes continuous beeping.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Jun 042014

Journey

I purchased my 2010 Journey used. 2 weeks into having my car one night the horn started blowing nonstop. The horn blow for 5 hours straight. Took it back to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. A few days the car wouldn't start. I went back to the dealership and they changed the battery and it was fine for about two weeks. And the horn started again and the car wouldn't start again and this time the key was stuck inside of the ignition. The key will stay stuck in the ignition for 30 mins before it comes out. The dealership handed me a piece of paper saying that there was a bulletin out from Chrysler about the electrical system but no recall on my car. I have been stuck out so many times with this car I am scared to drive it. I had to take the horn fuse out because the noise gets to my neighbors and no one can figure out how to stop it. I am very disappointed I have a car that I can"T depend on and one no to help me figure it out.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 312015

- Romulus, MI, USA

Sep 142015

Journey

Vehicle's horn sounds on its own at random times - while in motion or parked; running or off. Dodge reset tpim (?) but the problem persists. No current recall but it seems there should be judging by the number of complaints I have found through an internet search. Various solutions seem to have been attempted judging by the search results with no success. Dangerous (and annoying) problem that Dodge needs to figure out.

- Sherman, TX, USA

Jun 082015

Journey 4-cyl

2010 Dodge Journey. Consumer writes in regards to dealerships failure to repair wireless ignition node module recall in a reasonable length of time.

- Brazil, IN, USA

Sep 252015

Journey

Car honk randomly if I drive or park. Dealership heared never about that issue, I almost started to laugh out loud, it's well known in the web.

- Aurora, IN, USA

May 162015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hurley , NY, USA