CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 8 of 17)

Feb 232015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the horn independently activated and failed to shut off. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the security system, or the horn pad failed. The vehicle was repaired however the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 7,218. Updated 11/06/15

- Rochester , NY, USA

Jul 012015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at any speed, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was placed in neutral and was able to restart. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed but the technician could not find the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Manorville, NY, USA

May 062015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated the vehicle stalled while driving at any speed. Prior to the failure, the check engine light illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 98,000.

- Warren, MI, USA

Aug 032015

Journey

In the middle of the night around 3am our cars horn alarm started to go off continuously! no matter what we did it would not shut off until it wanted to! the next morning our car would not start at all. My husband jumped it, and it started. Later on that day the horn started going off again, so my husband unhooked our horn so we didn't keep waking up our neighbors. And we replaced our battery. After replacing the battery, it still kept dying. I could drive the car all day, stop and get a coke, and the the car wouldn't start when I came out; it was off for 2 mins. So I called the Chrysler recall line, there was a recall so I just had the recall fixed today. I got home, we hooked up the horn and it's still happening. Horn won't shut off and now my car won't start again. And the recall people said there is nothing more they can do. I looked it up online and thousands of people mare having the same problem, and there is no recall" seriously" something needs to be done. My car is not safe at all! and definitely not reliable. We have a chronically ill child and I need a car can rely on to start when he needs to go to the hospital, and Chrysler seems not to care at all. We took it to another dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but obviously something is wrong with it, when it keep happening. Please help look into this.

- Greenville, OH, USA

Dec 132014

Journey

When driving with my mother as passenger from phoenix to tucson to visit relatives, the horn sounded intermittently. I had a minor accident a few days later, and when I took the car in the dealer to repair, I asked them to check the horn. They reported nothing amiss. The horn continued to internittently sound off whether I was driving on a side street alone or in traffic, both on surface streets and the freeways. When I received the notice for the fobik recall in may, I made the appointment and took the car in, and reminded them the horn goes off; the same dealer told me they could not replicate the horn issue again. They also failed to complete the recall fix. I made another appointment two weeks ago in July as the horn kept sounding off on its own and it is getting worse. I also had all the required maintenance completed at a cost of over $1500, and while in the service bay the car horn sounded off. The service crew attempted to fix the horn over three days but failed. As I drove the car away from the dealership, the horn sounded off again. They also did not complete the recall fix again, even after ordering the parts necessary. They believe the horn issue is related to the electrical issue in the key fobik recall, and are hoping the recall fix will also address the horn issue. Meanwhile, the horn has continued to escalate and last evening while driving home in rush hour traffic, the horn sounded off for longer periods, on several occasions for as long as nearly a mile on the surface streets. As this is a severe safety issue as well as a citable offense, I have made yet another appointment to have the horn issue fixed. The dealer has not relayed exactly what steps they have taken to correct this, other than replacing the *spring in the steering column. I have read online a possible horn fix is to replace the airbag - which has not been identified in a recall yet.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 272015

Journey

In March 2015 the vehicle showed signs of ignition locking and not being able to be started with key. This did not happen every time, but enough to be annoying. Aaa was called to tow the vehicle to our reputable mechanic each time it occurred. Mechanic could find nothing wrong as this problem did not show while in his premises. The problem continued. In June I received recall notice 'R03" and on 6/16/15 put in an 'order' with chapman auto group in horsham, pa. When they inspected the vehicle it did not show signs of ignition lock up either. By the beginning of July, I was told by chapman that they had no idea when this part on the recall would be in stock. I proceeded to call two other dealerships in the area and received the same story from them. I also called Chrysler customer svc as well as sent an E-mail to customerassistre@Chrysler and so far everyone has said that the auto maker has no idea when and who will be making this wireless ignition node module to satisfy the recall. My car is defective and I need it repaired immediately. We have also used up most of our aaa calls due to this problem and our policy does not renew until March 2016.

- Huntingdon Valley, PA, USA

May 302015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the vehicle remained at the dealer for 90 days without remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Shelbytownship, MI, USA

Dec 142014

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph and coming to a stop the vehicle vibrated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake rotor and brake pads needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however the failure recurred. In addition, the contact was informed that several electronic sensors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also stated that on several occasions the vehicle was unable to be started. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 118,000.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jun 042015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of a recall for the electrical system; however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hanover , PA, USA

Aug 112015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lynden, WA, USA

Jul 062015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was not available. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Dennison, OH, USA

Apr 152015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the horn of the vehicle activated independently without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician stated that the vehicle was operating as designed. The contact also mentioned that the key fob failed to lock all four doors intermittently but never locked the front driver side door of the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Jul 062015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while in park, both front windows rolled upward and downwards independently. Also, the contact mentioned that the alarm system and the horn activated independently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 69,000.

- Willingboro, NJ, USA

Aug 022015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle experienced a loss of power and all the warning lights illuminated. The contact mentioned that the wipers activated independently, the turn signals failed to illuminate, the radio would turn on and off intermittently, the horn did not sound, and the vehicle had trouble starting. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the instrument cluster module malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000.

- Livonia , MI, USA

Jun 262014

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sylvania, OH, USA

Jul 312015

Journey

Made a left hand turn and suddenly the air conditioner, radio, lights, windows stopped working. Drove to a lot and pulled over and everything came back on. Then move the steering wheel and everything shut off again. Turned the car off and everything came back and has worked fine so far. However, the car wouldn't start earlier when turned on. Had to start the car 3 times before it came on.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 202015

Journey

My 2010 Dodge Journey SXT shut down on me 5 time on the highway. At diffent time I took it to the Dodge dealer in wilmington nc but they said that nothing is wrong with if nothing wrong with it why did it shut down on me.

- Riegelwood, NC, USA

Jun 012015

Journey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 08/17/15.

- Gary, IN, USA

May 252015

Journey

I first bought the Dodge Journey in March 2015 used from a dealership. 2 months later I start seeing problems: -when I lock the vehicle, occasionally after sitting for a long time I will come out and the windows will all be down and the vehicle unlocked -I have had many occasions where I try to start the vehicle and it just clicks. I have to move the shifter from park to neutral (sometimes several times for several minutes) to get the vehicle to start. I do not want to get stranded with this vehicle!! -passenger window will sometimes not roll down using the passenger side window button but operates normally using driver side controls there seems to be many electrical problems with this vehicle and I fear that we will end up in a crash related to electrical failure.

- Glens Falls, NY, USA

Jun 262014

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Florham Park , NJ, USA