Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Jun 232016

In June 2016 I took my car to bettehausen Dodge in tinley park, il. They did some repairs and since then the horn goes off by itself. The car can be parked with the motor off or you could be driving in traffic and the horn will blow. I took the car back to bettenhausen in August 2016 they did another computer update and the horn is still going off by itself. The horn was find until I took it to bettenhausen in June. Once they finished working on it they horn blows sporadically. Again in August 2016 I had my car towed to bettenhausen because the car broke down. Upon bettenhausen reviewing my car they stated it was the heater hose, a gasket and the anti freeze bottle had a hole in it. It cost me $582 for that repair. The service department also informed me that I needed front and rear motor mounts broken, front and rear struts blown out, front and rear brake pads and rotors warped and worn, right rear wheeling bearing excessive noise. These are major repairs and will cost major money. Why didn't bettenhausen inspect my car thoroughly in June when it was towed in" I think these things were wrong with the car in June but it was inspected by the service department. So I drove around for months with all this wrong with my vehicle. What if I couldn't stop, or a wheel fell off while I was driving the expressway" it was under warranty in June and now it is not and these are major safety hazzards.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 162015

Breaks have to be replaced at least every 2 months. My car continues to overheat and we have the thermostat 5 different times. We have to keep turning the key off and on til the car decides to start. I have contacted the people about this and they keep telling me that there is no recall for my VIN number. It needs to be added because it is obviously an issue with more than just my car. I will contact an attorney because now that it is out of warranty they tell me I will have to pay to have the issues resolved the start issue is of course stationary the break problem is while driving and so is the over heating issue was driving down the road heard a scraping noise and the front bumper was talking off and the bumper bar was loose. These are apparently very dangerous cars and all should be recalled

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jun 022015

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was coasted to the side of the road and restarted normally. On numerous occasions when parked, the vehicle failed to start until after several attempts. In addition, while driving over 50 mph, the vehicle would vibrate violently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The battery and starter were replaced however, the failure persisted. The technician also informed that there was a suspension failure with the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Oakridge, TN, USA

May 102011

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle wobbled and vibrated violently. Also, the contact mentioned that the vehicle stalled without any warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 37,000 and the current mileage was 97,000.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jun 182012

I have had my tires replace about every 25,000 miles the are wearing really bad on the inside I have had alignments done and there is no issue with the alignment I have spent over $1000 on tires not sure if it is caused by the brakes and rotors being bad. I've had them replaced twice also.

- Oakwood, TX, USA

May 242010

The transmission will shift from park into drive with a loud clang and jerk. This occurs when you pull up and stop, turn motor off, restart and put into drive. Then at other times hesitates to shift. Brakes will push themselves down with no pressure given by driver. Front end on uneven patches of roadway will thump as thought it is loose and wobble.

- Section, AL, USA

Nov 192010

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey and have had many issue. First the alignment has always gone towards the right and has been in the shop twice and they said it was fine. I have always had problems with the nav and computer music system. The newest and worst issue is in less than 2 weeks has stopped while I was driving. I took it in the first time and the service said they rebooted the computer and it was fine. Few days later I was going 40 down the road and the car shut off again. Both times the car is in drive and the key is in. It is now back in the shop and I am afraid the airbags are not going to work. I am afraid that I will be hit and injured. I have 4 year old twin boys. Dodge/Chrysler is not helpful at all. I am afraid to drive the car. It is back in the shop and for a car less than a year old, I feel it should work. I don't know what to do.

- Celina, TX, USA