2006 Dodge Magnum transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Magnum:

2006 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments

Aug 152011

Magnum 8-cyl

This car went in for a cooling fan recall in late July. At the same time, the 60,000 mile transmission service was completed. I began having trouble with how it shifted almost immediately on an irregular basis. We left on vacation a week later and just returned Sept. 8th. I noticed the transmission was worse, so I called the garage to take it in. I was just told that the torque converter is bad, probably because of a water leak in the dipstick. The service guy told me that Chrysler has had this same problem on many cars. My suspicion: Why did it go out immediately after being serviced at ross Chrysler in boone, nc. If there are multiple water leaks, Chrysler should be sharing with the cost ($1600) to replace the converter. Am I being taken advantage of because I am a senior citizen. Add water to the transmission while being worked on, and it ruins the converter.

- Blowing Rock, NC, USA