CarComplaints.com Notes: Fun fact — The 2008 Dodge Magnum was the last mid-size station wagon sold in the United States by an American automobile manufacturer.

2008 Dodge Magnum seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Magnum:

2008 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Magnum

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle lost power and the check engine warning light illuminated. In addition, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed to be repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) to correct the failure. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure persisted. The VIN was also included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Mar 112016

Magnum

Help!! I have a 2008 Magnum. I tried for 3 months to get the ignition recall done. "parts weren't available". suddenly 3/2016 my car shut off while driving. It was towed to a dealer where they did the P57, R25 recalls. Upon return of car to me I notice dash functions inoperable. I went right back inside and was told I could leave it to be looked at (I would be billed) I called fcausllc and they set me up for a tow to a 2nd dealer. There it was found the wiring under the dash had been pulled apart. Partial repair was made there, but I then had a slow drain on electrical system. For 2+ months I was ignored by fca trying to get the issue remedied. On 5/22/16 I was on highway and car completely shut down again. This time I hit a retaining wall. It's been 3 months and I have no solution to this. I was ignored for a month and a half. Then they deneyed my claim due to it "not being a mfg. Defect" they knew the problem before this happened in the meantime the dealer where the car is has notified me the cars airbags had been deployed and are no good.... if they just replaced one of them, how had they been deployed... why would they said to have done a recall on a deployed system..... and why was I not notified of a airbag system that would not have helped me if I would have hit the wall head on? I have filed 2 complaints with BBB, and fca lied about the whole situation, and the case was closed. The dealership that messed up the electrical system replied with a false situation, and sales pitch for a new car, and my file was closed. I am 2500+ miles from my vehicle, am in financial shambles. No one from fca will even return my calls, and they refuse to give me any info when I call. This has destroyed my business, family, finances, and state of mind. I am out of options, please let me know how to pursue this. Thank you

- Louisville, KY, USA

Feb 102014

Magnum

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 292015

Magnum

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags) and 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the parts to do the repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Elberta, AL, USA

Feb 032014

Magnum

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V567000 (electrical system) and 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Babylon, NY, USA

Nov 032014

Magnum

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) was received in November of 2014 and a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) in June of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Temple, GA, USA

Magnum

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. While driving at various speeds, the engine stalled without warning on numerous occasions. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V567000 (electrical system) and 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Magnum

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) and 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wayne, MI, USA

Dec 022014

Magnum

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) was received in December of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact also received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags), but the parts were also not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Magnum 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Magnum. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V567000, 15V313000 (electrical system, air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 08/17/15 updated 09/03/15 updated 12/3/15 the consumer no longer owns the vehicle. It was traded in. Updated 12/8/15

- Mchenry, IL, USA

May 302015

Magnum

Was advised that there is a recall about the air bags on May 30th, 2015. Told that I would receive a call about setting up an appointment to get the work done. Have not received a telephone call about this yet.

- Norfolk, VA, USA