8.7

1. never buy a dodge (2 reports)
  3. replace...again (2 reports)
1995 Dodge Neon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Dodge Neon:

1995 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Jan 012001

Neon

Third time is a charm, right?

At 30K - covered under warranty. They had no idea why it happened.

At 60K - Covered by my Geico "mechanical breakdown" insurance coverage with $250 deductible. Words "Engine Design Flaw" started to be tossed around.

At 90K - I sold the car cheap to a mechanic who was familiar with the issue. He repaired it and gave it to his daughter who continued to drive it for a couple more years.

In addition to the head gasket issues - The fuel pump failed at 12K miles and the backup lights failed for different and unknown reasons throughout ownership.

I have five postings on here about my 1995 dodge neon, which was my first new car.

Feb 011999

Neon

At 30K - covered under warranty. They had no idea why it happened.

Jan 011997

Neon

It blew the head gasket three times before 100K miles. (Approx 30, 60 and 90K miles). The dealership guys in New Milford, Connecticut were very nice, courteous and helpful, but in the end, my car was just riddled with problems they would fully repair, only to have the same problem occur at the same mileage intervals.

Aug 102006

Neon

Dont get me wrong, the engine had balls but its a piece of sh*t due to its short life span! Got it fixed then the tranny f*cked up.

- , Pasadena, TX, USA

Nov 272005

Neon

dodge of this year is known for being a piece of junk but nothing like these problems. dodge really is junk

- , Monogahela, PA, USA

Jun 042002

Neon

little did i know when i bought the car that these cars are known for this, am very upset and i won't buy another car from dodge. am not getting anywhere with these people. my friend's car is also a 1995 dodge neon, has the same problem.

- , Massillon, OH, USA