1996 Dodge Neon body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Neon:

1996 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Aug 012005

Not only is the paint peeling off my car in huge sheets, but it's peeling off every other blue neon I see on the streets. It's a manufacturing problem that Dodge/Plymouth chooses to ignore. I read somewhere that they tried a new painting process that didn't require heating the car to dry the paint. Well it didn't work. My car looks horrid. The paint is still peeling off and rusting. I feel embarassed. I can't resell it. I have to drive it until it's dead.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Jan 262008

Neon 4 cyl

I am retired and am living on a fixed income. The paint started chipping off about six months ago and it just keeps peeling off. It looks horrible and it is very embarrassing to drive. I cannot afford to have it painted either. I noticed another neon about the same year that looked like mine. I thought maybe the paint was bad on those vehicles made in 1995 and 1996.

- , Ardmore, PA, USA