9.5

2001 Dodge Neon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Neon:

2001 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Mar 172009

Neon ES 4 cyl

I've had the car 5 yrs. No problems. Last week while I was driving, the radio went off and overnight, the battery died. It happened again after I had the battery charged, and with the radio fuse out. I now keep the radio fuse out, but the battery is still being drained. At night I disconnect the battery cable and in the morning I reconnect it; I can't afford to have the electronic system checked. A real pain in the ass! Any help?

- , Stephens City, VA, USA

Oct 102006

Neon SD

The car actually started just a week before and was driven. I went to replace the bottom radiator hose and installed a new fan, but when I went to start it the car just went 'click'. The battery is fine, but I thought that maybe it was a fuse or a loose wire or even the alternator. The latter doesn't explain why it drove a week ago. I don't know.

- , Joplin, MO, USA

Nov 032006

Neon ES 3.2L

car won't start. When turn the key only a clicking sound heard but no ignition attempt. i believe its electric because when the key is turned the stereo turns on but as soon as i turn the lights on the stereo turns off and the lights inside the car dim down. this is one of the two horrible problems i have with the car. Any help will be very much appreciated.

- , Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Aug 012005

Neon ES

well im real mad i got this freakin dodge neon 01 and it won't start at all the lights and the radio comes on but the car wont start. I'm real upset i wish who ever owned could come and let me choke them. That was my first car ever a gift from my husband for valentines day and i can't even drive it i'm mad.

- , Chicago, IL, USA