2003 Dodge Neon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Nov 112010

Neon 4 cylinder

Plz help...when i come to a stop light my car is idling and the hood will start to vibrate and the oil light will come on for a second and go off and the car will idle down....

- , Ware, MA, USA

Nov 072010

wondering if anyone had or has same problem...when applying brake oil light comes on if i race the engine light goes off.. no leak under car and oil is full

- , Floral Park, NY, USA

Sep 072008

Neon SXT 2.0L

Engine idle speed drops to below 500 RPM after the engine has warmed up and the Air Conditioner is turned off when stopped. This causes the oil light to come on. Engine speed returns to normal if I do one of the three things:

1. Rev the engine with foot on brake

2. Shift car into Neutral or Park and back to Drive

3. Turn on Air Conditioning

- , Houston, TX, USA

Feb 012008

Neon SXT

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon with only 49,790 miles on it. I am wondering what is going on with my car. The oil light starts to come on after it is warmed up and only when i come to a stop. Once I give it gas it goes off. I just had an oil change a week ago. I had it done at Walmart and they checked all the fluids and even the oil pressure and didn't say anything to me about it being low. I am wondering, could it be the oil sending unit or the oil pump. The oil level is still good. If anyone can help, please, I am begging for a solution.

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA