2003 Dodge Neon transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

May 222012

Neon SXT 2.0L

I've had the same problem with my two Jeeps . One I had to have rebuilt and the other was a sensor .

- , Belpre, OH, USA

Aug 212009

Neon SE 2.0L

I had this car for 5 years, took care of it, didn't drive like a maniac, and one day, a month after I had just paid it off, I'm driving on a freeway, and my trans blows. Car wouldn't move. Had to have entrie trans rebuilt, even the casing had to be replaced. Two grand and three months later, my trans blows AGAIN. Mechanic said it was due to it overheating. whatever, basically the car couldn't handle going over 60 mph anymore. Anyways, ended up trading it in for a honda.

* If you have this car, INSTALL A COOLING SYSTEM FOR YOUR TRANSMISSION!!!! seriously, it costs around $60 bucks, and it will keep your trans going for a lot longer. good luck!

- , Orlando, FL, USA