2007 Dodge Nitro electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Nitro:

2007 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Dec 012015

Nitro

The electric door locks and the windshield wiper fluid for the front window do not work. These are on the same fuse M38 in the tipm. Thousands of people have had this issue and it is my opinion that it is a defect and should be recalled. Although it is not an immediate threat, when it snows and the salt builds up on the windshield and you can't see, it is a very big safety issue for you and everyone around you as a pedestrian and in a car. This is an issue that happens over time and it seems everyone is having the issue at once. This could be a bad winter

- Evergreen Park, IL, USA

Jul 172016

Nitro

While driving vehicle overheats, but not while stationary, multiple dash/engine/lights flash on and off. Air conditioner started blowing hot air, had serviced- battery good-reported bad alternator -- replaced $289. Fan locked up breaking belt--replaced $30. Then mod #2 tested bad-- replaced $450. This all started approx. 2 weeks ago mid July 2016, and 2007 Dodge Nitro continues to overheat, and air conditioner continues to blow hot air. A/C coolant tested fine, but not making cold air into cabin of SUV. Mostly highway driving.

- Pocahontas, AR, USA

Dec 172015

Nitro

The car with lock and unlock doors by itself and flash lights on and off, causing the vehicle to be inoperable when this happens during driving and when parking. We were already told the controlmodule needs replacing but because this is not a 4X4 it is not covered in the recall. Then the brakes stop but not fully and will cause a slide backwards if not held down while in motion, on an incline, on street or ramp. The throttle light and the antilock brake light comes on while driving, while turning, on streetand highway, causing the car to stall in traffic, while moving we have almost been rear eneded a couple of times. We see several recalls that would relate to our problem but all have been identified for the 4X4.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jun 242016

Nitro

When parked, the 3 passenger doors and hatch will lock but not unlock. The only door that works properly (most of the time) is the drivers door. Can't use the key alone to unlock doors because there is no keyhole except the drivers door.

- Fair Grove, MO, USA

May 262016

Nitro

Electronic window switch keeps going out, and the tipm light keeps comiing on. When I driving down the street the tipm light stays on didn't know what that was, I thouhgt it meant my tires, so I purchased new tires, still comes on and now my window want roll up because of this module

- Oakland, CA, USA

May 012016

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While the vehicle was stationary, the power door locks failed to operate appropriately. The power locks had to be manually activated because they were no longer automatic. The contact stated that the electricity still flowed to the motor. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 111,000.

- Glencoe, MO, USA

Jan 102016

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While driving 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and the steering wheel was difficult to turn. In addition, the air conditioner, radio, and heater failed. While driving, the doors unlocked and locked periodically on their own. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it could not be diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 179,000.

- Mt Pleasant, TN, USA

Apr 152016

Nitro

Takata recall- electrical system problem. The vehicle was stationary at my home when I use my key to unlock the doors it turn the lights on in my dash and sounds like the engine is running, but the doors is still lock. Then once I get inside my engine lights stays on.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA

Feb 082016

Nitro

Truck hesitating to start on & off - consulted with Chrysler Jeep mechanic who I showed him a video of what I captured when my truck wouldn't start right away, advised me that it didn't sound or look like the ignition, that it possibly was the "external fuel pump relay and harness". truck was left at dealer for several days to allow them time to properly diagnose what may have been going on. Because of the quoted price [$435], I suggested to her that I would have my personal mechanic repair it and would like to purchase the actual harness kit which only cost $32.92. Part could not be purchased because it was flagged as an "recall". natasha checked w/mike to confirm this info, drop off date was set - asked her - there will be no charge, correct, since this is an recall part" she said no, there wouldn't, that's correct. Service tech kenney handed me a invoice for $415 stating there was a charge - which I totally disagreed. Once natasha arrived, we discussed this matter in total disagreement since I was under the understanding this was a "recall" part and wasn't expecting to pay as previously discussed. Later that day before returning to pick my truck up, I contacted the Dodge headquarters & spoke with caitlin. She stated because my truck didn't have any recalls on it, this part did not qualify & if it did, I would've been contacted. I told her I totally disagreed since I only found out during our discussion there was a recall on my truck for the gas tank - and I still have not been contact by mail or phone for that issue. Chrysler dealer services Dodge & Jeep vehicles & this is the only place I can get this part which has been considered a faulty/defective recall part and because I don't own a Chrysler, my truck doesn't qualify, but I'm forced to pay for a recalled part"

- Clinton, MD, USA

Mar 242016

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that the key fob for the master switch would not unlock any doors other than the driver side door. In addition, the vehicle's master switch would not operate the driver side window. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was not taken to an independent mechanic or dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 99,378.

- Monroe, NC, USA

Nov 102015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge ntiro. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled and all the warning lights illuminated. In addition, the gear shifter would not shift. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the cluster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, three weeks later, the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the tipm needed to be repaired. The contact was unaware if the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 07V291000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 142016

Nitro

Vehicle rolled over and air bags did not deploy and ignition system was not woring took into dealership multiple times for ignition problems they replaced the ignition switch little less then a.year ago

- Lynn Center, IL, USA

Jul 082015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that all of the doors failed to lock and unlock electronically. The contact had to lock and unlock the doors manually. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where no defect was found. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 012015

Nitro

During the summer or winter time the remote control don't work. Also the front planel show me some blinker lights when I use the directional light. The remote control issues in very unsafety because this car have just a door with the key access. If you have some emergency inside or fire, you can't open the doors. If you have children this issue will be a potential fatality because the others door are locked to access from outside. Please put attention in issue because I read more electrical problems in other websites in the same way. For this reason I started this petition.

- Madison, WI, USA

Jan 252016

Nitro

My truck honks randomly been dealing wih it for 1-2 years.. it honks when its off or when im driving its very scary as a female having to drive it like this. I had tipm replaced and still having issued I removed the fuse for horn but afte a year my battery started to die and I hear a sound coming from fuse box(tipm) not sure whats the problem but I have read many people have been having issues... recall for safety, .

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Jan 192016

Nitro

Battery dies overnight when car is idle. It starts with a jump start and is fine during the day. I found the problem is that the dash board lights are coming on at night draining the battery. I also hear ticking & weird noises from the fuel box under the hood. A/C does not work, horn does not work & I am washer fluid does not come out when trying to clean windows! hazard lights flash & the alarm goes off for no apparent reason. Took it to a dealer who said he received about 15 different codes when running diagnostics & that the dealer needs to flash the PCM.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Dec 252015

Nitro

Electrical involving the engine shutting down and the system going haywire and offline putting you at risk, alarm, horn, wipers, instrument cluster and engine running by itself. The vehicle will not start and will not crank over as part of the tipm making it unable to start. There is a recall for 2007 Dodge Nitro pertaining to this issue that many are unaware of, like me if you are not the original owner, not safe at all could leave you stranded as I was left stranded christmas day and now without transportation. I really hope they can resolve this issue at the dealer

- Henderson, NV, USA

Dec 292015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that all of the doors failed to lock and unlock electronically. The contact had to lock and unlock the doors manually. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and the fuse for the door locks was replaced. The failure recurred. The contact also stated that the passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 162015

Nitro

Original driver side master power window switch melted and stopped functioning. Oem Chrysler replacement purchased and installed at owner's expense. Two weeks later the replacement switch caught fire. Damage was only to the switch and wiring harness. No recall or service alert?

- Waterloo, IN, USA

Dec 252015

Nitro

No more than 200 ft from my driveway my 2007 Dodge Nitro horn just went off by itself for 15-20 minutes unable to go in gear or turn off truck after removing the battery cables it still ran on its own with no battery cables connected or key in ignition. Not will not crank at all or turn on but all lights, radio, and windows work. Happened chrismas day and now without transportation for me and my wife as it gets colder everyday. I need some serious help fast, I have been searching online and many causes that seem to be prevalent are the skreem or sentry key remote entry module or wireless control module on my model of vehicle and year of 2007 can this be fixed.what a great way to spend christmas stranded in a paring lot, if you can assist with help I would be apprecieated more than you know.

- Henderson, NV, USA