6.0

$1,898.00

1. replaced rear differential (2 reports)
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Ram 1500:

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 152003

Ram 1500 SLT 4.9L V8

I had the truck about 5 years didn't drive it much cause it consumed too much gas and the noise was so loud you couldn't hear the radio or people talking plus I no longer trusted it to drive and use so I took it to the dealer and had them to fix it.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

May 112001

Ram 1500 Laramie

I don't get it. I trusted Dodge with my money and bought this truck. I can't recall seeing this model of Dodge in which the paint is not peeling and the dashboard is not shattered. This a factory defect and dodge should do something about it, regardless of age.

My truck has never been abused and in 230000 miles, there is not one single dent. This should be testimony enough for Dodge products and how much they care about you and me. 2 engines, two transmissions, 2nd rear end differentials are now going out, replaced the cup-holder twice. Although rarely used, most of 4 wheel drive system has been replaced. Built in Mexico, what should one expect? I see a lot of vehicles older than mine and this crap isn't happening to them.

- , Haskell, TX, USA