- June 19: Dodge Dart Transmission Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Grand Caravans Over Airbag Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- May 7: Dodge Ram Emissions Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Chrysler Says news | 51 days ago
- April 25: Dodge Dart Clutch Lawsuit Should be Dismissed, Says Chrysler news | 63 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 64 days ago
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Worst 1997 Ram 1500 drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear differential failure2
- hub bearing play on stub shaft1
- transfer case makes a loud noise1
- NHTSA: Power Train9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit6
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Universal Joint1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Ram 1500 Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Ram 1500 compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Ram 1500 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ram 1500.