8.4

1. dodge should recall the dash (48 reports)
  3. new one (10 reports)
  4. replace dashboard (8 reports)
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Ram 1500:

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jun 302007

Ram 1500 5.9L

I have already called dodge dealerships around the area and they have stated its on a case to case basis but even the rep on the recall line where I got my reference number told me it should be on recall also because they (2001 dodge rams) are all the same dashboards. I know a lot fo people with dodge rams that have already had to have their dashboards replaced but I can't afford it and some of us just have out nice trucks looks like crap because of the broken up dash. I hope dodge fixes this because I really do love my truck but i think this will definitely interfere with me buying anyone if they don't help with this. I do believe they know they are wrong. I wrote the local news station that had a lot of media on this from Pt Cruisers to Neons so rams are not the only on it is happening to. They haven yet contacted me back yet but I do plan on hearing something!!

- , Palm Bay, FL, USA

Sep 012007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

Just what to no if there is a defect under dash that caused it or why it happened all of a sudden.

- , Henderson, KY, USA

Nov 052007

Ram 1500

Yes, my truck only has 25K miles on it so I'm really miffed that the dash has about 15 cracks all over and the fabric over-head is disintegrating. I've used a reflective sunshade since day one when I brought my truck home so it's not due to my neglect. Dodge sure doesn't make them like they used to nor do they back their product. Guess who I WON'T be buying my next truck from!

- , La Place, LA, USA