2. needed new computer board (2 reports)
1999 Dodge Ram 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 1500:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 262015

Ram 1500 V8

The truck quits running when running down the road causing loss of power steering and brakes. It will restart sometimes.

- , Colfax, IL, USA

May 132009

Ram 1500 5.2L

I have been wanting to fix this and till date no fix Please we must do something because the dealer is only money

- , fullerton, CA, USA

Apr 112012

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

My vehicle keeps stalling while driving at least three times a day. What AI don't understand is why a mechanic does not provide a fix on this website. It only makes sense that a good mechanic would want to do so to obtain more business for himself in the future. Just saying...

- , Surprise, AZ, USA

Jul 012011

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

Some engineer must have known about this potential problem, because "NoBus" is displayed in the odometer readout when it occurs, usually a few times a week. This is a dangerous problem because there is no warning, the truck stalls with no power steering or power brakes. If there is no shoulder you are on the road. The computer is in the engine compartment on the wall on the passenger side with three wiring pinouts. If I pull the one nearest the driver side and replace it, while the key is still on, it makes some noise and then usually starts. Sometimes the check engine light comes on. I think there must be a loose pinout, but why don't they know at the dealership, or are they too lazy to call Chrysler and ask. No more Chrysler products for me!

- , Oran, MO, USA

Aug 272011

Ram 1500 5.9L

I was 250 miles from home on vacation we pulled into an amish family home for bake goods for the ride home.Tried to leave but the truck would not start.The amish gentleman tried to help but really didn't know to much about dodge trucks but he did know a lot about ram sheep (ha ha). Anyhow my wheels were turned to the left so I straightened out the wheels slightly turned the key and she started.All the way home at almost every curve left or right the truck would die! So as I avoided slamming into oncoming traffic with no power steering I would put the truck into neutral and she would fire up.I've had it in the shop to my best mechanic for a week.He can not fix it.called the local dodge dealer talked to their mechanic and they won't even look at it but told me if it was theirs they would take it to a good dodge mechanic.WOW!!!!!I have involved at least ten more mechanics with no answers.I've always drove General motors products until taking a chance on this dodge.I'll never have another Chrysler product!

- , Adrain, MI, USA

Sep 042007

Ram 1500 5.2L

Bought the Dodge used, expected a few issues but what I got was an ongoing stalling. For about 6 months it would stall while driving, sometimes once a week sometimes several in one day. After sitting for 5 or 10 min it would start back up, never showed a code at first and couldn't find the issue. Did all the basics like wires, plugs checking sensors, new fuel pump ect. Could never trust it to get us anyway and wife was afraid to be out with kids in it alone. Finally showed nobus on the odometer after one stalling episode and mechanic said replace the computer, it was getting hot and shutting down. Did that, one week later same problem. Computer was under warranty and had it replaced again..... still stalling. I gave up and bought a Chevy.

- , Quinlan, TX, USA

Aug 092007

Ram 1500 Slt Sport 5.2L V8

stalls while driving: needed a new computer board

DODGE SUCKS! Stay away from buying a dodge.

I would by a tonka toy before buying another dodge.

Nothing but problems ! ! !

- , Bradford, MA, USA

Sep 032006

Ram 1500

Vehicle shuts off without warning. I called dodge dealership and was told they could not troubleshoot over the phone. finally explained to another "dodge" so called technician and he stated that he had never heard of such a thing. I described the problem as follows. While driving the 1999 dodge 5.9l magnum shuts off. About 3 seconds after it dies no bus appears in the odometer reading. The vehicle has absolutely no fire. Let it sit for 30 min. and the vehicle will start without a glitch.

- , Mobile, AL, USA