1999 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 1500:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 062012

Ram 1500 Laramie Slt 5.9L

Truck shuts off while driving down road without warning, "no bus" message appears on odometer when truck shuts down, after waiting about 10-15 minutes truck will start up and might get me down the road a few miles, and do the same thing again, or run the rest of the day or a week without any more problems. I've been on several dodge forums and found people with the same problem, some say it's the PCM going bad and some say it's the crank shaft sensor. I've yet to replace either part, I'd really like to know what the problem is before I buy either part, don't want to pay for one part and the prob. still happen and then replace another part and it still happen, I've contacted dodge dealers and told the service techs the problem and they all say they've never heard of it happening to any dodge they've worked on and just tell me to bring the truck in for diagnosis, I have a scan tool and when this problem happens it does not throw a code.

- , Lexington, SC, USA