8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (373 reports)
  2. replace dash (114 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 19 of 30)

May 152009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.2L V8

Bought truck new in 2001 it's been eight years and now dash is starting to crack. I've seen a lot of complaints about this issue online. I even saw a news report about someone's headlights turning off all by themselves while they were driving at night. Dodge needs to step up to the plate and take care of this problem before someone gets seriously hurt. If this problem is not fixed this will be the last dodge anything I will ever buy. Come on dodge grow a set of balls and take responsability for this problem.

- , New Windsor, MD, USA

Mar 182005

Ram 1500 V6

The truck has been great, but the " DASH IS A TOTAL PIECE OF SH*T " Dodge needs step up and repair.It has big holes and bad cracks,its a shame we pay as much as we do for these trucks and they want stand behind this problem!!!!!!! I wonder if FIAT will fix,lol

- , Denham Springs, LA, USA

Jan 102007

Ram 1500 1500 3.9L V6

ok, first of all it is no secret about the problem i am having with my 2001 dodge ram 1500 v6. my dashboard is all mucked up with crack after crack. does it ever end, all the time noticing new cracks. i haven't seen a dodge around that year model that hasn't had a messed up dashboard. it is ridiculous.my truck looks very nice and the dash makes me just pissed off makes me want to punch it butt we all know what will happen then.i recently heard about them catching on fire bc of melted wires. that kinda worries me. really wish dodge would do something but thanks for reading

- , Montgomery, TX, USA

Apr 152009

Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L

This has to be the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED! I saved up my money to finally buy a Newer Vehicle and I chose the Dodge Junk Ram 1500 I should have pissed the money away, FIRST the map lights broke the switches inside of them flew apart, no biggy I have a rear light that WORKS (shakes head) then THE DAMN transmission took a Royal Sh*t there was 1300 bucks down the drain, NOW it is FIXED RIGHT!!! then 2 months later the Dash fell apart in front of the steering wheel the whole is about 18 inches and the rest of the dash sounds like a dam rattle trap and if that wasn't enough the damn A/C Evap took a dump under the dash I DO hope the damn thing shorts out then I will take my truck and a lawyer to dodge and see what they have to say then! they should GO BROKE! the way they are treating us with our problems like we are NOTHING but a number...well I don't care if they have a New deal of Buy one truck and get 10 free I will buy a damn goat before I Will buy another damn DODGE

- , Murrayville, IL, USA

Jul 142004

Ram 1500 1500 5.2L

The dash is screwed, the cup holder fell completely apart.. the trim around panel is broke!!!!! what the hell is dodge doing????

- , Modesto, CA, USA

Jun 082008

Ram 1500 V8

This is definitely annoying especially since I had never heard of such a thing happening. Such inferior quality and Dodge will not do anything about it. I have searched online and seen numerous complaints about the disregard by Dodge and lack of responsibility for their choice of material. The dash is completely falling apart and the accessories are going with it, glovebox,drink holder, anything plastic is trash. I cannot afford to replace the truck so I am stuck with Dodge's responsibility. I hope the engine holds out for a while longer. At least that seems to holding out.

- , Houston, TX, USA

May 012009

Ram 1500 Off Road 5.2L

What the hell is Dodge thinking? They've been making dashes for how long and still can't make one that doesn't crack all to hell. This is complete BS. Noticed the first crack a couple of weeks ago and now I have 4 huge cracks going across my dash.

- , Williamsport, PA, USA

Mar 062004

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

most of the dash is completely gone. had to buy the thin plastic cover

- , Boiling Springs, SC, USA

Apr 082009

Ram 1500 3.9L

im a dodge person, ive owned 2 dodge ram pick-ups and both dashes have cracked. my 1999 dodge ram is so bad i hate driving it cause its starting to rattle !!!!! my 2001 dodge ram has two huge cracks on it ,one at both ends of the dash.dodge needs to do something for dodge ram owners ive seen too many complaints about the dashes cracking. or dodge can just fold like the rest and ill buy a different make!!!!!!

- , Buffalo, MN, USA

Jan 152002

Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab 5.9L V8

I'm really disappointed on how many complaints there are on this particular problem! I feel Dodge should replace the Dash, and Bezel at no cost to the consumer! But considering the current problems with the automotive industry......not likely to happen! Very Disappointed! I also own a 09 Challenger thats had a couple of issue also! The one the dealer can't seem to take care of is low tire pressure sensor...... according to the dealer parts are backorder, been for months! I've been a Mopar fan for along time, but considering a change! What ashame!

- , Glendale, CA, USA

Mar 012004

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 5.9L V8

I had the same problem the rest of you have had. My dash is no longer existing at this point. I called the dealer, and the manufacturer, they both told me it's a "Southern heat issue" and that "it's too hot where you live". My reply was then quit selling the junky SOBs in the south. From reading the rest of the complaints on this site it looks like it happens all over the country. I checked on the parts, and the dash is about $400, and the instrument trim panel is $350. They want another $550 to install it. I'm waiting on the recall.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Oct 272008

Ram 1500 V6

I am a College student and I prefer trucks. I bought this truck because it runs great. The only problem with this truck is the fact that the dash is cracked. There are a lot of cracks that go all the way across the dash. When you drive the dash shakes!!! This needs to be taken care of.

- , Robinson, IL, USA

Sep 102008

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

Dash started cracking several months ago, this morning on the way to work, a huge chuck of the dash broke off, and now i have a hug hole in my dash. I have been researching this problem ever since i first started seeing cracks months back, and have seen ALOT of people with the same problem all over the united states. I doubt Dodge will do anything about it, i will be going to the dealership and get pricing on a full replacement.

I love Dodge, but this really sucks.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Mar 092001

Ram 1500 Ex Cab 4x4 5.2L V8

I BOUGHT NEW IN MARCH OF O1 A 2001 DODGE RAM 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 WITH OFF ROAD PACKAGE IT WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE. WAS ALWAYS GARAGED NEVER ABUSED OR EVEN TAKEN OFF ROAD SO HEAR GOES I.E. HARD STARTING ,WINDOW SWITCHES CEASED TO WORK , DASH CRACKED ALL TO HELL AC WENT OUT ,CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CONTINUOUSLY COMES ON EVEN AFTER BEING SERVICED ,U JOINTS ,DRIVE AND FRONT AXLE HAVE REPEATEDLY NEEDED REPLACING AND I HAVE HARLY IF EVER NEEDED TO USE THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE. TRANSFER CASE CRACKED BECAUSE OF BAD U JOINT VIBRATION. YOU NAME THIS DODGE IS JUNK NEVER ABUSED I HAVE HAD IT BACK TO DEALER AND CALLED CORPORATE BUT NO LUCK I CANT EVEN GET A DECENT AMOUNT FOR IT TO TRADE IN ALSO PAINT PEALING AND RUST ALONG BOTTOM FORMING AND IT IS WASHED AND WAXED ON A REGULAR BASIS WE NEED A CLASS ACTIN LAWSUIT AT LEAST WE MIGHT GET SOME TYPE OF COMPENSATION DODGE SUCKS

- , Joliet, IL, USA

Mar 042009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

i love my truck it runs great looks great drives great but this f*cking dash sucks it started a few months ago and i hit a pot hole now i have 2 huge holes in my dash now the wires are exposed to the sun how many dodge ram trucks have to catch on fire

before dodge re-calls this huge flaw in my 2001 dodge ram sport pull your heads out of your asses dodge and fix this problem!!!

- , Pulaski, TN, USA

May 152006

Ram 1500 LX

Been a Dodge man for the last 20yrs never had much of a problem till now, thought i was the only one with this problem now i know there are a he_ _ of a lot of us that are being Screwed by Dodge because of their cheap crap of a dash.Dodge went cheap and used a low grade of plastic in their Dodge Rams, they should be held accountable, hate to say it but lets file a lawsuit against them.

- , Ft,Recovery, OH, USA

Aug 002006

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT V8

I have a dashboard that started cracking in 2006, as time went on, it started breaking off pieces, I had to have it duct taped together like a jigsaw puzzle in 2008, by the end of 2008 I don't have much of a dashboard and it has caved in badly, now in 2009 cracks are running down the front face plate where a/c vents are and steering wheel and pulling away from last remnants of dash. I am searching for other truck owners with same issues and what to do, this is bad, I have been quoted over $900.00 for this repair. Can't afford repair, I am concerned this collapse in dashboard may bring on other dangers.

- , Moorpark, CA, USA

Nov 112004

Ram 1500 Sport 3.2L V6

I bought two new dodge trucks in the year 2001. A dodge 2001 ram 1500 and a doge 3500 diesel that was also a 2001 . Around the year 2004 on both trucks the dash started falling apart. By 2005 almost all the wires in the dash were exposed and I have been told that I have to be concerned with the vehicles having a fire starting because the exposed wires in the dash can become brittle and cause a short. The dodge dealer refuses to take care of the problem and because of that I will never buy a dodge anything ever again.

Dan Fasciano

- , Pipinellas Park, FL, USA

Apr 012009

Ram 1500 1500 V8

Boo.... Dodge, Why won't they issue a recall!!! MY truck is mint, besides the dashboard. How am I ever gonna sell it now?

- , Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Apr 192004

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

I purchased the truck used and it had a couple of cracks in it when I got it.The dash has so many cracks in it now that pieces of the dash pop out when ever I hit a pot hole or railroad tracks.This is one of the cheapest, poorest excuses for a dash I have ever seen.Everyone I know that has a Dodge truck or van has the same problem. I think Dodge should recall such a poorly constructed dash.

-northtexan