8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (376 reports)
  2. replace dash (118 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (8 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 21 of 30)

Nov 142008

Ram 1500 SLT

I have the same problem with a crack dashboard on the passenger side from the windshield to the air bag.Can't believe Dodge wouldn't do a recall...shame on them! Never will I buy from this company again. I'm glad this site is here. Now I'm searching the net for a company that sells dashes that fits well so maybe I can try to sell this piece of crap.

- , Shelton, CT, US

Feb 202008

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

My dash is so cracked from all the places that they attached the dash even the glove box fell out it was so cracked. I mentioned this to the dealer and they told me it would cost about $2000.00 to replace the dash. These days who has $2000.00 to spend on a vehicle that cost $40,000.00? I think for that price they should have a recall with all these complaints

- , Hillsboro, MO, USA

Dec 152007

Ram 1500

The dash is cracked so bad that there is no place to mount the piece that covers the odometer and stereo,and a/c controls. Everything that's plastic is cracking! With no OEM parts available Dodge Ram is off my list forever!

Signed,

Truly Disappointed

- , Sptbg, SC, USA

Dec 092004

Ram 1500 1500 Magnum

I just bought a 2001 dodge used but the owner that had at before me said that the dash cracked 1 yr after he bought it new and i really think that is some Bull ....b/c its not just my truck..its everyone that have the make and model and other similar ones...therefore Dodge needs to step it up a notch and do things right before they go out selling pieces of sh*t like this....now i have to waste money on replacing a dash which will not be cheap:(......and there's a whole lot more problems than the dash.....too many to tell yall on here...DODGE DEALERS!!!!! If you read this i hope you realize that you lost me as a customer because next time you come around with the 2009 Dodge and the commercials say "New and Improved" i'll know that it's bullSH*T

- , McGregor, TX, USA

Dec 012007

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

Another fine example of why we should let these guys spin down the bankruptcy toilet. If your not going to warranty the crap you build why should we buy it? Crap is crap...let em cave!

- , Monrovia, CA, USA

Oct 152008

Ram 1500 1500 3.9L V8

The dashboard is cracked and literally falling to pieces. I have holes in the dash where it has just collapsed.

- , Kelso, WA, Pacific Islands (US)

Dec 092008

Ram 1500 4x4 SLT 5.2L V8

I have been very diligent about maintaining my vehicle inside and out. The dash is usually coated with armor all and I use a sun shade. I have had many other vehicles, some older than this one. This is the only one that has had a major crack separating the entire dash console. Plus cracks where all the screws are at to mount it. Luckily this is not a mechanical issue, but definitely very annoying and something that is obviously an issue with the vehicle that Dodge should stand up and repair at their cost. Very disappointing.

- , Simi Valley, CA, USA

May 102007

Ram 1500 5.2L

Just want to know what the cost of this will be. I am tired of the duct tape not holding anymore!

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jun 012005

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

My dashboard started cracking in 2005, got worse over time, and now chunks of the dashboard are falling out. I had it protected with a dashboard cover, but that didn't help.

- , Augusta, GA, USA

Nov 212008

Ram 1500 3.9L V6

I use a sun visor all the time there's no reason for my dash to do this.I take care of my truck,the ash tray or lighter hasn't even been used.I feel there is a defect in the materials and dodge should replace,recall,and pay for repairs.

- , Vidalia, GA, USA

Jul 222005

Ram 1500 Quadcab 5.2L

This is just plain sorry....and ugly...a 22,000 dollar truck should be better than this.

- , Warner Robins, GA, US

Jul 232008

Ram 1500 Off Road 5.2L

I have tried to contact Dodge, but I get the run-around! They said there is nothing they can do about the dashboard. I actually use to work for a place the made all the parts for the interior of the Grand Cherokee's. Believe me, it would be no problem for them to have a recall!! If they don't have a recall within the next year, I will never ever buy a dodge again!

- , Gainesville, GA, USA

Dec 162008

Ram 1500 SLE 3.9L V8

There is deffently something wrong with the dash boards, because I have always put a sunshade in my windshield.

- , 10505 Oak St, MS, USA

Jul 212008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L V8

I am also having same problem with the dash on my Dodge.I e-mailed Chrysler Customer Assistance Center and was told to have my local Dodge dealership to fill out an itemized estimate to repair and he would review.My experience at the local dealership was an experience in itself.The "Jerk" of a kid that was doing the estimate said it seemed to him like I was just trying to get a free dash repair! I told him I didn't think that was his place to make any personal comment at all.(By now I'm pretty steamed at this Joker) So I replied that since Chrysler got this bail-out money which I'm paying for I thought it was the least Chrysler could do! I got my estimate and sent it back to Customer Assistance Center about two months ago still no reply.I really didn't expect to get one!!

- , Cape Girardeau, MO, USA

Jan 282009

Ram 1500 ES 3.9L V6

I brought my ram new in 2001. 2003 I noticed dash had hair line cracks on all four screws from windshield up,the dealer said i waited to late no luck. Now I have big chunks broke out. Looks grappy and I also had to replace heater core, evap motor, water pump, fuel pump. So far I am really mad about the dash cuz it ruins the whole appearance of my truck.First thing people notice is the dash and say what happened and I TELL THEM "DODGE" that says it all.Then they laugh,cuz none of them own a dodge so DODGE should do a recall on the dashboard.At least we would have the last laugh.There is definitely a issue with this many complaints YOU THINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Roberts, IL, USA

Aug 182005

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

My dash started with one large crack ,shortly after the warranty expired, running front to back above the glove compartment, since then I have 10 to 12 cracks mostly on the passenger side, but they are starting to spread to the drivers side. Pieces are now missing out of the dash. This is not limited to the 2001 models. I have some friends who own Dodge pick ups ranging from 1999 to 2002. (I have met other dodge truck owners in this area with the same problem) All of their dashes are cracked to some degree or another. When I spoke to the dealership a few years back I was told that Dodge was helping out the original owners only in getting the dash replaced, I bought my truck with 18k on it, so they weren't going to lift a finger to help me. One of my friends talked a dealer and they told him dodge would buy him the dash but he had to pay for the install. Needless to say the install was far more costly than the cost of the dash. I am now going to shell out the cash to get it replaced, not sure if I will let a dealer take care of it though, why put money back into their hands to fix a problem that they should be paying for in the first place.

- , Milton, FL, USA

Feb 122004

Ram 1500 SLT V8

It does have several huge cracks in it, one running from the windshield to the instrument panel. The dash bezel also is cracked in several places and has a hole in it on the passenger side so that really makes my truck look like crap from the passenger seat. There was a 6000 dollar difference between my truck and one that said Chevrolet, and I would not spend the difference on what I thought were comparable trucks. The truck is solid but the list of little things is getting long and none of them are cheap to fix. Sunglass door $40 (too much just for a door) cup holder $100+ (are you kidding me 100 for a cup holder) dash bezel 100+ (that�s a lot of money for a small piece of plastic) dash $1000 (parts and labor). So lets call it $14oo just to replace stuff that should last the life of the truck.� Should have bought a Chevrolet

- , Bryan, TX, US

Jan 072004

Ram 1500 LX 3.2L

Same as others on this message board. Just wanted to add a name to the list. I did send the link to Dodge.com to ensure they are aware, but I am sure it will not do much good. Of course, 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease", so we will see

- , Middleburg, FL, USA

May 202002

Ram 1500

Bought a demo 2001 dodge ram 1500 in 2002 from dealer in Bowling Green, Ky. A few months later, noticed a hair line crack in middle of dash coming from windshield to the from of the dash. Since then it has cracks all over it and it rattles like it is going to fall out. cannot get dealer to replace the dash. Will be my last dodge. Should have purchased a Chevy to start with.

- , Smiths Grove, KY, USA

May 202006

Ram 1500 V8

Started cracking shortly after truck bought but wrote it up to hot weather in Florida however has continued to crack and break even though we tried to glue it in the beginning. Now looks terrible and still cracking. Saw this website and was amazed at the problem so am entering my complaint as well.

- , Okeechobee, FL, USA