8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (373 reports)
  2. replace dash (114 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 30 of 30)

Jan 022007

Ram 1500 SLT V8

At first it started with a single crack in the middle of the dashboard. Now, it is disentigrating - cracks everywhere and chunks completely seperated from the dash. I bought the truck brand new. It now has 55,000 miles on it and looks worse than a 20 year old Datsun I used to drive. The brand should own up to this manufacturing defect.

- , Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Dec 052006

Ram 1500

Dodge knows that they're selling a product with a problem, and they leave the consumer hanging. This is the second dash since I bought the truck brand new. I paid cash, and bought the extended warranty, but it doesn't cover things like this. Don't get sucked into buying something that promises that they'll fix it, they don't!

- , Riverview, FL, USA

Aug 222006

Ram 1500 Club Cab

I bought the truck used in 2002 and it was in excellent condition. Still runs great, just the minor 4wd problems that come with use. The dashboard started cracking two years ago and is not faring well in the Georgia sun. It is a real distraction because of the reflections the cracks cast on the windshield when driving.

- , Chatsworth, GA, USA

Aug 142006

Ram 1500

i bought my 2001 dodge ram new paid cash one pymt we have a big history of issues on this dodge ram most recent severely cracked dashboard mind you i buy a non silicone dressing for 30.00 a gallon use mcguiars products on her its a garaged truck for the 5 yrs leave windows cracked and it is in worse shape than veichles that sit on the street in weather conditions in much better shape than my dodge i am very disappointed in chrysler for not wanting to fix this problem i feel for a truvck of 5 yrs with exellent care should not be in this condition dodges may be pretty trucks but thats about it i feel chrysler sold us a lemon in 2001 again very disappointed we will never purchase dodge again chevy rocks for our 95 chevy truck no issues to speak of like i said chevy rocks

- , Erie, PA, USA

Jul 262006

Ram 1500 LX

This truck has had the general "here and their" stuff expected, but in all it has been a very dependable truck. This truck has been in the Florida sun for essentially all of it's existance, but I have had previous older trucks with 3 times the age compared to this one, with significantly less cracking in the dash than this dodge. I have 3 major cracks now running forward to aft, and I have been using a windshield sunshade quite regularly. I hope dodge does perform a recall on this problem. It is quite excessive for this young a truck.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA