8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (375 reports)
  2. replace dash (117 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (8 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 30 of 30)

Mar 172007

Ram 1500 3.9 V6

Dodge better get their heads out of their ass. We Dodge truck owners deserve better than this. I wonder if they care about Quality or Quantity? I'm considering going back to a Japanese truck.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 142007

Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 5.9L V8

Dashboard is cracking in three different places, not horribly noticable, but I do feel that Dodge might want to consider recalling the dashboards because they are made with inferior quality plastic. It really makes me laugh when people freak out about the dashboard cracking even though it is not a big problem, if they would take their own time to fix it, they could do it for less than $150.00, which is not a problem. I honestly think that you should stay away from this truck because it has been a great truck other than that. I will still buy Dodge products in the future. People also need to remember that each vehicle brand has its issues and this is the big issue that Dodge has.

- , Zeeland, MI, USA

Mar 062007

Ram 1500 5.9

Another who will NEVER buy Dodge again.

My dashboard was cracked all over in less than two years of buying it new. It is now missing huge pieces that have fallen into the firewall area. Dodge Dealership wants over $400 in just labor. They know they had a defective product, but do not care. Take a look at their own forum! http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_196287/mpage_1/key_/tm. htm

SPREAD THE WORD!!

- , Buckeye, AZ, USA

Feb 092007

Ram 1500 Quad Cab V8

In 2004 it started with a small crack on the right side. Now it is cracked all over with huge cracks. The truck looks like new except for the cracked dash. I think the dodge people should. replace it. If they don't I will never buy another Chrysler product.

- , Keller, TX, US

Feb 082007

Ram 1500 360

Dashboard literally exploded for no apparent reason into about 20 different pieces. I think Dodge should replace this dashboard as I only have 22000 miles on this Pickup, and the shattered dash makes it look like a piece of junk.

- , Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Jan 032007

Ram 1500 SLT V8

My Ram 1500, which has less than 20,000 miles has a dashboard that looks like a broken mirror. After reading other complaints about this problem I thing it only fair that all the model years involved be recalled and the dashes replaced with one that will not crack. That is whenever they start making it. It appears this trouble is still happening.

- , Shelton, CT, US

Jan 022007

Ram 1500 SLT V8

At first it started with a single crack in the middle of the dashboard. Now, it is disentigrating - cracks everywhere and chunks completely seperated from the dash. I bought the truck brand new. It now has 55,000 miles on it and looks worse than a 20 year old Datsun I used to drive. The brand should own up to this manufacturing defect.

- , Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Dec 052006

Ram 1500

Dodge knows that they're selling a product with a problem, and they leave the consumer hanging. This is the second dash since I bought the truck brand new. I paid cash, and bought the extended warranty, but it doesn't cover things like this. Don't get sucked into buying something that promises that they'll fix it, they don't!

- , Riverview, FL, USA

Aug 222006

Ram 1500 Club Cab

I bought the truck used in 2002 and it was in excellent condition. Still runs great, just the minor 4wd problems that come with use. The dashboard started cracking two years ago and is not faring well in the Georgia sun. It is a real distraction because of the reflections the cracks cast on the windshield when driving.

- , Chatsworth, GA, USA

Aug 142006

Ram 1500

i bought my 2001 dodge ram new paid cash one pymt we have a big history of issues on this dodge ram most recent severely cracked dashboard mind you i buy a non silicone dressing for 30.00 a gallon use mcguiars products on her its a garaged truck for the 5 yrs leave windows cracked and it is in worse shape than veichles that sit on the street in weather conditions in much better shape than my dodge i am very disappointed in chrysler for not wanting to fix this problem i feel for a truvck of 5 yrs with exellent care should not be in this condition dodges may be pretty trucks but thats about it i feel chrysler sold us a lemon in 2001 again very disappointed we will never purchase dodge again chevy rocks for our 95 chevy truck no issues to speak of like i said chevy rocks

- , Erie, PA, USA

Jul 262006

Ram 1500 LX

This truck has had the general "here and their" stuff expected, but in all it has been a very dependable truck. This truck has been in the Florida sun for essentially all of it's existance, but I have had previous older trucks with 3 times the age compared to this one, with significantly less cracking in the dash than this dodge. I have 3 major cracks now running forward to aft, and I have been using a windshield sunshade quite regularly. I hope dodge does perform a recall on this problem. It is quite excessive for this young a truck.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA