1. Dodge should issue a recall (367 reports)
  2. replace dash (106 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 6 of 29)

Feb 012012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

the entire top of the dashboard is cracked, speakers no longer work. embarassing for dodge

- , H. Ranch, CO, USA

Aug 012011

Ram 1500

Have never had a vehicle where a dashboard has cracked at all, but this is really really bad it is so cracked up it is in pieces, I see several other complaints concerning the same problem with the same vehicle, why is Dodge not recalling this vehicle will probably never purchase a Dodge in the future.

- , Katy, TX, USA

Mar 022010

Ram 1500 8.0L

the dashboard is so brittle i touched today and a big hunk fell out.ill never buy a dodge again dodge need to rethink there way of building there trucks.crap

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Jun 152006

Ram 1500 Quad Cab Short Bed 4WD 5.9L

I have never heard of a dash falling apart, into tiny pieces. What's with that? And why hasn't Dodge recalled these and put in new dashes? This is uncalled for. Do they think that we will buy more pickups from them???

- , Flower Mound, TX, USA

Dec 012008

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.9L V6

Dodge needs to replace this. It is obvious it is a major defect. The dashboard is disintegrating.

- , Fayetteville, GA, USA

Feb 042004

Ram 1500

Please recall this.. I am so over it. My husband also has a dodge but I will never own another with this cheap plastic you have on the inside.. Please help up fix this problem as we paid so much money for these trucks and if you want to keep making money then make us happy...

- , Lake Panasoffkee, Fl, USA

Aug 202009

Ram 1500 4x4 Sport 5.2L V8

Was already cracked when I purchased the truck. My 95 Dodge 1500 has the same problem! Come on Dodge, recall it guys! gezzzz...

- , Richardson, TX, USA

Oct 022011

Ram 1500 SLT Cummins Diesel

This is uncalled for considering how many of these trucks are on the road. For the year our truck doesn't have alot of miles and this is awful. we're talking over $1,000 for replacement and I think dodge should cover this expense. Our dash looks like cracked ice, there are so many cracks and missing pieces.

- , Hotchkiss, CO, USA

Aug 012006

Ram 1500 4x4 V8

We placed a carpet cover over it, but it continues to fall apart under it. The emergency brake also broke loose...guess what....the sun doesn't shine there. And...the cigarette lighter went all the way through, once again the sun doesn't shine on it either. DODGE - Quit blaming it on the sun and heat and step up to fix your mistakes with this plastic nightmare, I can't even get cold or hot air to blow where it needs to with all the holes.

- , Nolanville, TX, USA

Oct 202007

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

It is unsatisfactory of Dodge not to admit the issue or repsond in an appropriate manner. I will not own another dodge product.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Feb 032005

Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 5.2L V8

Makes the interior of the vehicle one big eyesore. Pieces keep falling in.

Dodge should recall!

- , Santa Rosa, TX, USA

Apr 152008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9ltr

I'm afraid to clean my dash for fear of the dash caving in. I'm amazed at the amount of "on the head" descriptions of the dashboard cracks. It's astonishing with the amount of complaints that Dodge hasn't "made it right" with it's "valued" customers.

Right now I have almost 200,000 mi on it and it's still running strong (must have a Wedensday truck) everything is great but the dash and the plastic front molding piece around the speedometer and radio area. clicks into the dash has all just broken off and pulls off with the touch of a finger. How dangerous is that to fall off on your arms when driving and get wrapped up with the steering wheel or get your hands pinned.

- , Hertford, NC, USA

Aug 162011

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 5.2L

Granted the truck is 10 years old, the first crack in my dash didn't concern me too badly. I bought some clear silicone and ran a bead from top to bottom of the crack. It seemed to fix it without the aesthetics being very noticeable. However, the second and third cracks that occurred for no reason at all, have heightened my concern immensely. All I can think about is me driving on the freeway and the whole dash just crumbles off. My imagination may be getting the best of me, but after seeing other Dodges with the same problem I don't really think I am too far off. I would like to know what would happen if that were to happen, before it happens. I don't think too many people would take that kind of surprise too well. A safety hazard for sure! It could cause an accident! Aren't vehicles supposed to pass a safety check? Why isn't Dodge doing anything about it? Is it because of how much it could cost the company? Is there a number of signatures that would have to be obtained before something can and will be done about this? There goes the resale value right out the window! I might sound reserved but in all actuality I am @#*!! mad!!! Companies and their products all over the world get away with faulty crap, but a car company really should be held accountable. These aren't just vehicles we are driving, they are weapons. They should be warrantied to be kept in the safest standards without having to cost US, the consumers more. Damn it.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 132010

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

This vehicle is garage kept since bought in 2002 with only 15000 miles on it. It has noty been abused, off-roaded, or subjected to hash weather conditions. There's no good reason why the dash cracked, and the crack adds about 10 years to the appearance (looks like a 20 year old dash subjected to dry dessert off-road abuse).

- , Waynesville, MO, USA

May 012007

Ram 1500 LT v8

I hear after doing much research on my dash problem that dodge has had this problem for a long time but why not fix it is my Question I will never buy another Dodge as long as I live DODGE= damage on dash greatly experienced from now on i will buy a CHEVY or a Toyota better truck in my opinion my sister has a Chevy with over 200,000 miles and looks and runs like the day she bought it.

Does dodge still wonder why they were not given the payout money they wanted if they do then they should be directed to this site they might understand why ppl are not buying dodge

- , Yellville, AR, USA

Apr 132010

Ram 1500

my dash got a lot of cracks in it and now the cracks are coming together and chunks of the dash are starting to fall in. I try to keep my vehicles looking nice but no matter how often I wash the truck the dash looks like hell and I mean sh*tty hell did I mention it looks like hell. dodge needs to stand behind this before they get a lawsuit on them when somebody cuts themselves and dodge knows that the plastic is junk and it has been reported to them enough times.

- , Canton, OH, USA

Sep 012011

Ram 1500

My 2001 dodge ram 1500 is great, all but, my hideous caved in dash ;it keeps cracking and eventually will be in pieces,or cause an accident. Dodge should fix this problem before there is a big lawsuite.

- , Columbia, TN, USA

Jan 082008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

Every Dodge Ram Truck I've seen with in a few years of mine has had this problem. I would say all did. That's a 100% failure record. 100% failure and Dodge did nothing. What kind of company runs a business this way, only one and that's Dodge. Very dishonest people in charge of this company. Hope you pay later for this.

- , sapulpa, OK, USA

Dec 082011

Ram 1500 Laramie Slt 5.9L

Have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. purchased the truck apr. 2 years ago.

excellent condition and had very low mileage for the year, 36,000. The entire truck was really in great condition, fully loaded, leather interior, four wheel drive. Nothing, I mean nothing was wrong with it. On 12/08/2011, went out to the vehicle in the morning and noticed the crack on the passenger side dashboard. It runs from the windshield all the way to the top of the air bag area. The weather was warm and had been raining that night. Not cold or freezing! Always took good care of this vehicle as its a business vehicle. There has never been anything laid on the dash or slammed on it. I didn't know there were other complaints of the same thing by other owners til I was looking for a replacement. Also, found that it wasn't recommended to replace it as it will eventually occur again. I agree, the company needs to address and recall this vehicle for replacement. Never, never had a vehicle that had the dashboard just up and crack for no reason.

- , Conover, NC, USA

Feb 112008

Ram 1500 5.9L

I have called dodge and they have yet to do any damn thing about their cheap ass dashboards. This will be the last dodge this American will ever purchase or even allow in his driveway! Dodge does not stand behind their product, they are crooks using the cheapest materials they can find and putting their failures into the hands of their customers to fix! sad that we have to deal with getting the shaft by poor businesses such as Dodge. Go to china you cheap ass bastards I WILL BUY FORD FROM NOW ON! NEVER GM THEY ARE OWNED BY OBAMA!

- , Florence, KY, USA