1. Dodge should issue a recall (372 reports)
  2. replace dash (111 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 9 of 30)

Jun 242004

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

Well it appears that I'm not the only one that has gotten screwed by dodge! WTF is their problem and why havent they made any steps to correct this problem?

- , Tallapoosa, GA, USA

Aug 012009

Ram 1500

- , Wood River, IL, USA

Feb 222011

Ram 1500 SLT V8

I had to remove the dash and it basically crumbled apart. Once it started there was no stopping it.

- , RIchlands, NC, USA

Apr 282011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

Dodge is pretty much known for crappy interiors, but this is bullsh!t !!! Let's be very clear on this. My dash is not cracked, IT IS CRATERED!!! It's like someone opened up on it with a 12 gauge. Started bout 3 yrs ago. I just spent the last 7 hours pulling the entire frickin dash out to replace the heater core (yet another piss ass poor design from Mopar and a separate personal b!tch of mine). After getting to the problem, I have no dashboard left. I only broke a couple little pieces in the process. I counted 23, YES twenty frickin three pieces of brittle dash board. DASH COVER CAP??? WTF am I gonna cover??? THERE IS NOT A FLIPPIN THING LEFT TO COVER!!!! Why doesn't someone from Dodge come out and tell me WTF to cover. Now I'm worried about my 2006 Ram half ton. Have had at least a dozen Fords from 60's to present and NONE have had faulty material in the plastic dash. PISS POOR DESIGN CHRYSLER!!! You are part of the reason that America is an outsourced joke. Save a few pennies and stick us with crap you unamerican sons of b!tches. ( NOTE: turn off the passenger side airbag. I guarantee you it's a claymore mine waiting to send dash flak in your kid's face)

- , Moline, KS, USA

Apr 092011

Ram 1500 SE

I take pride in my vehicle looking as good today as the day I drove it off the showroom floor. I have always used a sunvisor and have kept a conditioner on my dash, so I was very shocked when it cracked. I am disappointing in Dodge for not stepping up and taking action to keep a loyal customer!

- , Seneca, SC, USA

Apr 292011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

Top dash panel is completely gone. It broke and collapsed to the point there's nothing left! Even the lower dash pieces are cracked so it's not as simple as replacing the top panel. The glove box door is even cracked. And I just checked with my local dealer, $550 for a new panel. Hey Chrysler - if you're not going to recall this issue you could at least sell us a new panel for $100 or so!

- , Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Mar 302011

Ram 1500 5.7L Mag

Very disappointed that I am finding out that this is a regular complaint about the Dodge Ram. Should not be a problem in that area. No reason that all Dodge products have the same material on their dashes. Should never crack or break as easy as it does.

- , Wichita, KS, USA

Apr 152006

Ram 1500 Ram 5.2L

almost 210000 miles and still going strong , just wish i still had a dash.

- , Worthington, WV, Uzbekistan

Apr 102010

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

Although many people have had this issue in the past. mine just occurred last year. same as everyone else, the dash just cracked for no reason. I contacted Dodge personally, and they said that there was no recall on the thing. So I asked what it would cost for a new one. Funny thing is, when they checked, there was over 1000 of them on back order. Gee! you think there might be a problem Dodge. Someone needs to figure this out and respond to the thousands of Dodge customers wondering what to do!!

- , Holland, MI, USA

Feb 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

This is a problem for Dodge Ram owner, I do not expect a truck less then 10 years old to have this level of damage. I am getting tried of the cost to repair items on this truck that should not be needing to be repaired. Makes me question buying a Dodge truck in the future.

- , Harrisburg, PA, USA

Jul 102008

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

The dash started with a crack now there is nothing left of the dash except jagged edges. It looks awful. I would say this is a black eye for Dodge, having all of these trucks sitting around in public view for everyone to see with busted dashes.

- , Stilwell, OK, USA

Feb 252008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

What can i say how about it? The truck is 9yrs old and the dash board looks like a piece of sh*t! Way to go on this material it cracked like a flippin' potato chip! How would i fix it i don't know u would think dodge would know how to or make it right .

- , Washington Ch,, OH, USA

Sep 302009

Ram 1500 V6

I got a Dodge Ram 1500 V6 Magnum, the dash borad had crack all over and it is sh*t, I was looking for a replacement parts and made a querry on google and found this website, I thought that I was the only one but there are lots of complaint, does anyone knows the reaction from Dodge? Can you recomend where to get the replacement parts?

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 012009

Ram 1500 5.9L

I have a 2001 Dodge ram 1500, my complaint is that the dash on my truck just keeps getting worse. It is cracked so bad that i had to turn the passenger side airbag off for fear that if i got into a collision that is bad enough for airbag deployment that the whole dash would break off when the airbag comes out and do serious injury to my passenger or even worse DEATH. I do believe that dodge should do a recall on this vehicle. as for now i have no interest in ever replacing my truck with another dodge. i must say that as i have owned several dodges in the past. this by far as been the best one yet for no powertrain issues. If chrysler corp. would step up and fix this dash problem. I would not have an issue with buying another one.

- , Craigsville, WV, USA

Jan 012003

Ram 1500 Lariat-4x4 5.9L

First of all, I've owned a lot of Dodge trucks and Dodge has always been notorious for BAD customer service............PERIOD! It's beyond pathetic!! My 2001 has the same cracked dash issue as every other truck Dodge has ever built. They ARE aware of the problem but refuse to acknowledge it because of $$$$$$!! The NHTSA, like all other government agencies, is totally useless and it wouldn't surprise me one iota to find that they are "compensated" to look the other way as we all know how politics works in this country when we are referring to Corporate America or should I make myself politically correct........."Special Interest" as Washington refers to it! CORRUPTION in most folks vocabulary! The only way this will ever get acknowledged and some form of compensation to the owners of this junk will be a large class action lawsuit! Hopefully the jury will have some DODGE TRUCK owners sitting on!!! There really isn't a fix because if you order a new dash from Dodgetards, you'll get the same garbage they originally built it with or worst as the drive for "more" profits annihilate these greed mongers. I have a dash cover but what does that do? Doesn't look all that terrific and it certainly doesn't hold anything together! I thought about resin and fiberglass cloth to re-establish the dash in one piece and then a dash cap from the after market ($129) for aesthetics. Definitely not going the Dodge route, I've been suckered enough! Should anyone want to pursue "CLASS ACTION" I would definitely have a solid interest! Let's face it, lawyers are on a role when it comes to suing someone these days so I don't think finding one is going to be a very significant issue!

- , Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Dec 092010

Ram 1500 ST 3.9L V6

Ok this dash problem really isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Yes, it's annonying, but honestly this is the most trouble i've had out of this truck in 5 years and 75,000 miles( got it used) There are quite a few companies that sell molded plastic covers for these dashes and they work very well and look darn close to the original dash(all the ones i've seen i couldn't tell until it was pointed out to me) So for around 150 maybe 200 bucks, problem solved! I still love my truck and a little something like this won't change that!

- , Largo, FL, USA

Sep 012009

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

My dash has cracked so bad that BIG pieces are falling off. I'm afraid that my child is going to get hurt due to the fact that these are very very sharp pieces. I now have huge holes in my dash, and am afraid that the rest is going to fall off at any point. Its not due to wear and tear its because they obviously built the dash with the wrong product. I'm not the only one with this problem. I have many friends that have dodge trucks and its also happening to their vehicles as well. I don't have the money to put a new dash in my truck. Have looked for replacement parts but it shouldn't be me paying to have this problem fixed. Dodge needs to have a recall and get this under control. I'm also afraid that if I did wreck there is nothing there to protect me. And then the pieces would just become hazardous. Especially the fact there is an air bag behind the dash. I have to keep mine turn offed because I don't something to go wrong. I'm afraid that they are going to wait until someone gets hurt or killed then decide to recall. Very wrong on their part.

- , Nicholasville, KY, USA

Feb 282007

Ram 1500 Slt Laramie 5.9L V8

Bought the truck in '07 from an old man that had a carpet dash cover on it,on the way home i slide my hand under it and cut myself on jagged pieces of dash! There where large pieces of dash missing and later i had to replace the heater core which you have to remove the dash to do that left me with nothing on top by the time i was done. I looked into replacing it but its costly and having stumbled across this site am happy i didnt because obviously its not just my dash. I cannot believe an "American" auto company would put out something this bad and not do anything to fix it, I think a recall is in order!

- , Meadowlands, MN, USA

Jun 152005

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

Piece of crap, and they want way too much to fix!!

- , Ekron, KY, USA

Mar 012010

Ram 1500

not exactly sure when it cracked, but last spring I got into the truck an noticed a big crack in the dashboard on the passenger side

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA