7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (223 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (119 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 25)

Jun 302007

Ram 1500 4l7 V8

It started as a small crack then it went to two more cracks in to different locations.

Then the dash started falling apart, with holes. The truck has been a good one. I have 175000 miles on it. Still looks good on the outside. Now it needs new seat cushions and dash. They need to recall the dash and the seats.

- , Brunswick, GA, USA

Sep 012008

Ram 1500 ST 4.7L

DAMN SHAME TO SEE SUCH POOR QUALITY , THE DASH HAS SEVERAL BAD CRACKS ALL THE WAY ACROSS.

- , MONTPELIER, OH, USA

May 152012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

Cracked dash board looks ugly, and you have to see it every time you drive your car , which remind you to hate Dodge everyday more and more.

- , Sugar Land, TX, USA

Oct 032005

Ram 1500 SLT Hemi

The dash has been cracked since the truck was less than 2 years old. I complained to Dodge and was told Sorry not covered under warranty. Now the air conditioner has stopped working . I suspect that parts of the dash have fallen in the blower. If I take the dash off it will be in dozens of pieces and I will never get it back on. My truck has about 60k on it now and is in great shape for a truck that is now 10 years old. I have always kept a sun visor in the window to protect the dash.

- , slidell, LA, USA

Jan 012010

Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

I bought my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 brand new, have paid it off and I have treated it like a baby (note mileage today 41000). Always use a reflective visor in the windshield. THE DARN DASH IS CRACKING....IT IS FLIPPIN CRACKING!! I am so disappointed in Dodge. Will Dodge fix it for me???

- , Savannah, Grorgia, USA

Jul 042010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

This is a damn shame that a truck that is supposed to be tough and take a beating...can't even hold up to normal wear and tear of going back and forth to work on paved roads.

- , Marshville, NC, USA

May 142008

Ram 1500 Thunder Road 5.7L V8

Had crack when i bought the truck,now i have about 4 cracks in dash!seems to be getting worse!

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

Sep 022009

Ram 1500 4.7L

I have 3 large splits in my dashboard,and I'm afraid if I don't soon repair it. my dash will soon

cave in on me.

- , Abaco, FL, Bahamas

Aug 152011

Ram 1500 Larado 5.7L Hemi

Really like my truck but for the money I paid I would expect the dash to last much longer than this.

- , Allen, TX, USA

May 222013

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I have always wanted a ram 1500 Quadcab! I found a 2003 low miles bought it I didn't know that the MPG's would SUCK SO BAD!!! I have tried everything to get better gas MPG's nothing works now I have a several cracks in my dash it looks like sh*t and it seems every bump gets worse! What are my options???

Kevin James

San Antonio, TX

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

May 012013

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

I went to clean the dash on my truck and ALL defrost vent louvers on driver's middle vent went down the air vent. NOW MY VENT DOESN'T"T DEFROST ON CENTER DRIVERS WINDSHIELD!! I have NEVER seen such poor quality since the peeling paint issue in the late '80's.

- , Arlington, TX, USA

Sep 192008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I cannot believe they say this is a cosmetic problem... I believe this is a safety issue when pieces of cheap plastic fly up and hit the driver or passenger in the face... Dodge should be made to have a recall on this problem, the cracked dashboards on Dodge vehicles have been complaint for many years.... As far as going to the dealer what a joke, you might as well complain to the man in the moon !!

- , Brandon, FL, US

Sep 012005

Ram 1500 SLT 5,9

AS A RETIRED MOPAR QCM @ MRA CLERK WE HAD A LOT OF THESE COME BACK . AT THAT TIME WE WENT THREW A LOT OF VENDERS , THE PANELS WOULD GET BROKEN REAL EASY WHILE SHIPPING TO DEALERS . THANK M-B FOR BAD QUALITY. LET ALONE WHILE IN THE TRUCK.

- , Pendergrass, GA, USA

Oct 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

It looks like crap and the rest of my truck is in good condition and runs great.

- , New Orleans, LA, Pacific Islands (US)

May 112010

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L

This problem is TOTALLY UNACEPTABLE! Any accident may result in hundreds of sharp projectiles flying about the cabin. I usually keep vehicles for longer than 10 years and I have NEVER had one that has cracked the dashboard. This one is a structual member of the interior, everything is anchored inside of it and now that it is decomposing, things are rattling around and what about the passenger airbag? I can just imagine improper inflation and or puncture. A new ( or should I say one still sitting on the shelf after all these years) from the dealer for the best price I can find is over $1100...... PLUS the labor for installation which requires the removal EVERYTHING in the front of the cabin. I did not get the exact quote for the labor but was told to expect over $1000 if no other problems were found.... I have always been a Dodge fan but I really wonder if they expect to sell me another?

- , Baytown, TX, USA

Mar 312010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

I am extremely disappointed in Dodge for not being professional enough to take care of this problem for their customers. I could understand if there were a few instances of this issue that could be isolated, but with the cracking of dashboards spanning over such a significant number of years and for all models, this issue is one that should be addressed by Dodge. With the prices that people pay for vehicles today, we expect them to hold up nicely if taken care of properly. With this issue, it doesn't matter how well you have taken care of your vehicle, the dashboards still seem to break and become a problem. I will join together for any neccessary action to fix this problem, even to the point of a class action lawsuit. Thanks for your help.

- , Waxahachie, TX, USA

Jul 012012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

These severely cracked dashboards should definitely be recalled by Dodge and replaced at no cost. NHTSA should take action.

- , Frankfort, KY, USA

Jul 062010

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

I always wanted a doge ram i bought new in 2003. When the dash cracked there is nothing you can about it. Now it has big holes in it. Sometime when you drive with the window down pieces of plastic hits your face. The dash is so brittle if you touch it a piece will fall through, or when you hit a bump a piece will break, Chrysler needs to do something about this, maybe even just make a dash cap to put over it.

- , Long Beach, MS, USA

May 012012

Ram 1500 5.7L

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. My dash is cracking terribly. I was cleaning my vehicle today and when I got to the dashboard, using armoral to clean it, the defroster vent disintegrated and fell somewhere into the bottom. This is unsightly and extremely aggrevating. I spent my hard earned money to buy this vehicle because I like the design and style. I would have never spent my money on this truck If I knew then what I know now. From what I understand Dodge and the Ram division is not doing anything about this, my advice to you is to have a little integrity and initiate a recall of this part.

- , North Little Rock, AR, USA

Jan 122010

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

While my truck is a 2003 model it has as of today only 86,000 miles on it and MOST IMPORTANTLY IS GARAGE KEPT AT HOME AND WORK and therefore is not exposed to the elements.

- , Rowlett, TX, US