7.6

$1,000.00

2. replace dashboard (11 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 272010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

Started as a small crack a few months ago on the part of the dash closest to the windshield. Since then the crack has become larger and two more have appeared on other areas of the dash. The truck is still in like new condition just looks really bad with the dash like that. Dodge needs to fix this..

- , Bristol, VA, USA

Dec 232009

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

I have had my truck for 4 years and have loved it. I have been hearing a popping noise for the past month. The other day I noticed a crack on the passenger side of the dash. Upon further investigation I noticed the dash is very thin.I take care of my truck and keep the interior very clean. I am surprised the dash was made so flimsy.

- , Princeton, LA, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 3.7L

I CALLED CHRYSLER CORP.OFF. AND TALKED TO A WOMEN THERE AND SHE HAD ME ON THE PH. FOR 2 HRS. AND COULD NOT GIVE ME A PART NUM. FOR WHAT THE HAYNE'S MANUAL CALL'S ( INSTRUMENT PANEL TOP COVER) SEC.11-12 ILLUSTRATION 23:18 IT LOOK'S VERY EASY TO TAKE OUT BUT TALKING TO CHRYSLER CORP. IT APPEARS THE PART NO LONGER EXIST.I THINK I'VE SEEN 2 DOZEN TRUCKS IN THE SAME SHAPE IN MY AREA.NOT EVEN GOT STARTED ON THE PAINT JOB'S SO BASICALLY WHAT I'M SAYING IS THIS SHOULD BE A RE-CALL AND WE NEED SOME JUSTICE FOR THIS IDIOTIC PROBLEM.............

- , Holiday, FL, USA

Jul 302007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

my 04 ram quad was the first truck i have purchased that i fell in love with immediately. always had ford or Chevy, the dash first cracked while riding down the interstate. went back 2 dodge dealership and was called a liar basically. they said the dash must have been tampered with because no other dash problems had been reported. now truck looks great dash looks like sh*t!!!!!!!!!! the truck now has only 70,000 miles on it but the dash has completely fallen apart. i will never buy another dodge!! but i cant get a decent sell or trade in value because of the dash, guess we have to pay for their screw ups.

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 212008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I take care of all my vehicles, past and present. Timely maintenance on all vehicles that i have ever owned, both interior and exterior.

Recently i noticed a crack in the dash in my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, that runs from the front to back on the passenger side in an almost perfectly straight line. This began back in 9/2008. My wife uses the truck to go to work, and we use it for light loads when we go to Home Depot or Lowes. I took it to the dealer for some questions and the service person told me that others has had the same problem and Dodge is a aware of this, but was told they offer no assistance to fix it. Recently my local news (www.local6.com) station ran an expose on this matter - Model years from 1998 to 2003. Unlike the trucks in the report, my dash has not gotten to the point where it is breaking and falling into the AC ducts. I have contacted Chrysler on two occasions since 9/2008, only to get a rude Service Provider and the run around.

It is apparent why a American vehicles loses their value so quickly. I would not recommend an American truck or car to my worst enemy, which is very sad to say. If i do not get a resolution from Chrysler regarding my truck soon, i guess the Japanese can look forward to my business and hard earned AMERICAN DOLLARS.

- , Orlando, FL, USA