2007 Dodge Ram 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500:

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Dec 032009

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Vehicle was brought for oil change at dealership. At time, they found excessive play in both outer tie rod ends. Both tie rod ends were replaced and set toe, which was covered under warranty.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Oct 152010

Ram 1500

Violent shaking of vehicle, (death wobble) front end shakes when above 60mph, the problem has been reported to dealer, several repairs made and vehicle continues with same problem.

- Lindale, TX, USA

Oct 052008

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 40 mph, the contact noticed looseness within the steering wheel; he also noticed that the outer tie rods needed to be replaced. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where it was verified that the tie rods needed to be replaced; the vehicle was repaired. The failure occurred again. The contact called the manufacturer who offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 24,873 and the current mileage was 48,262.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Oct 292009

Ram 1500

I bought the truck 10/29/10 with 22 K miles on it and have 29950K now. I have had to replace the whole front end, rack and pinion steering system tie rod ends, leaky back window, third brake light, balance and rotate tires 3 times, rail dust, new carpet, leaky third light, new rotors and brakes at 24K, air cleaner, wipers. I questioned the front end when I bought it and was told it as just tires out of balance. When I picked it up and asked if the front end looked good because I noticed the front tie rod ends had a lot of play and I was concerned with issues due to that. I was told the front end was fine no problems with it. I later took it back and had all the front steering components replaced. I picked up the vehicle and had no alignment and was told they only set the toe. I had to keep the steering wheel a full half turn to the left to go straight. I paid for an alignment and the printout showed my toe was set under the specifications. I have tired unevenly worn due to bad front end components. I had to have the front head lamp replaced due to cracking inside the lens, a back seat that the latch did not work properly. After picking up the vehicle bolts that needed tightening due to carpet being replaced. I question how this vehicle was properly inspected and none of these things were noticed. I drive my daughter daily in this vehicle and it remains to have front end problems. I have done research and noticed a lot of issues with crashes relating to faulty front ends on these vehicles. It continues to remain unsafe.

- Brooklyn, CT, USA

May 082010

Steering locked.

- Maple Shade, NJ, USA

Aug 082008

Ram 1500

Housing for the drain plug on the power steering broke in half. I wreck the pick and hit two parked cars, bent a rim, broke the turn stops, shifted the front end to the driver side, bent back bumper and muffler.

- Ponca, NE, USA

Dec 032007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Purchased a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Nov. 30th 2007. Vehicle was sold to me as new(had roughly 1400 mile on it). Took truck home and noticed a ditinct pull/drift to the right. Took back to dealer. They said steering wheel was off center and need an alignment. Took the truck home still doing same thing. Bring truck back. 3 days later I am informed they discovered a radial pull in front pasenger tire and would replace two tires. I siad I would prefer 4(which they did replace). Take truck home and still doing same thing. Bring back a 3rd time servic manager drives with me and agrees. They put it back on the alignment machine, says truck is spot dead on, and this is the way your truck drives. I disagree stating this is my 4th Ram and have never had this before. Said the best they could do was call in a Chrysler engineer(could take 2 months). I took the truck to 3 different establishments including another Dodge dealer and all 3 gave me wriiten documentation stating the truck drifts excessively. Brought these to the dealer and was told I need to wait for the engineer. Finally out of frustration I take the truck back stating I am concerned it is a safety issue and would like a loaner untill the situation is remedied. The general manager test drove with me and told me this is the way the truck drives and would not give me a loaner. Am still waiting for the engineer. In my opinion this is a safety issue!!

- Hannacroix, NY, USA